Idea of a Project
you know there is couple that live down the street from one of my rentals that seem to live in their garage on the weekends making patio furniture and the like.  I can only imagine they are selling it on craigslist or something similar.  It might even be more than just weekends now that I think of it.  I have seen the woman building stuff by herself lately.  I bet that makes getting new tools for shop a bit easier.
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

Used to set up at flea markets back then....word of mouth sales, too....got to the point it was too much like a second job.  Decided to be just a friends and family projects.
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
Working on a shopping list....besides the new bottle of glue, the packs of brads and screws, and 5 pairs of knobs...
Trying to be a little smarter with the panel of plywood...used to be, I needed an extra 1/2 sheet.....thinking IF I cut the 1/4" x 4' x 8' just right, I can have just enough pieces....and even make it easier to get home from the store...

Ok, here goes, so far...
two of the best 2 x 4 x 8' boards in the rack....will mill the corner posts from these..
Two 1 x 3 (maybe 1 x4) x 8'   top and bottoms of the end panels, and face frame...2 per side, two for the front....what is leftover for kickers
Eight 1 x 2 x 8'.....takes the place of ripping two 2x4x into 3/4 thick strips....webframe parts, rails for the sides...leftovers for kickers

Two 1 x 6 x8', and three 1 x 8 x 8' planks....front, sides, and back for each drawer. 
One 1 x 10 x 8'....cut into parts for a 3 board glue up, for the case's top....figure about 31" long? 

And then the 1/4" luann plywood....enough for 5 drawer bottoms, and the back of the case....leftovers plus what is in the shop, to be the panels for the Frame & Panel sides

That should about do it.....missing is the extra 2 x 4 I used to use for a frame the top of the case's panel sat in....going with the glue-up top, this time..

This is the "normal" top frame....a plywood panel is then glued down for a top....

Top this time doesn't need to be this involved.....not even sure IF a bread board edge will get made...yet...depends on...leftovers...
Stay tuned...
Winkgrin 

Wonder how long it will take, to get this far along
Rolleyes
Confused
Two issues today....still not allowed to drive
Uhoh , and, this lousy weather.
No .....will see how this afternoon goes....right now it is pouring out there...
Upset
Lumber run to Menard's today....grandson drove.   all but the plywood was picked out....Menard's does not have a panel saw to custom cut plywood to size...

Nails were bought, large bottle of glue ( don't want to run out.
Rolleyes ) and a "10 pack" of handles.   Used their "Standard" grade pine boards...
Uhoh ..took a LOT of sorting through, just to get the "pick of the litter"
Rolleyes .     Just like in the olden days, I made the most out of the least....so, there will be a bit of work-arounds as to what gets cut where, and used where.  
Cool 

Had to go with 1 x 4s, the 1 x 3s weren't even good as Tomato stakes....
No   The 1 x 2s......let's say Bear Bows could have been made with some of the things I looked through...."Ve haft vays.."   

One of the 1 x 6s has a bad edge, the rest is fine,  will be just a tad shallower drawer...top drawer?
Confused 
 Right now, I need a nap....been a busy day...for me.

Stay tuned
Winkgrin
Will see IF I can get a couple drawings to load....
Rolleyes

re-sized twice
Upset guess I'll do the other 2
Rolleyes 

and the last of the pages, drawn up this morning..
Winkgrin  

Might get a cutting list, later....have to sort through a few bad spots in all the boards...
Uhoh 

Things like this, I can work around....trying to get the most out of the least....going to be fun  
Winkgrin 

Stay tuned...
Did a little bit IN the shop, this afternoon....hauled a few 1 x 2s to do a bit of crosscutting...first, I needed to re-do the mitre gauge..

Added a better piece of pine scrap.    Then cross cut hings at 24" long...needing 12 pieces..

Then cross cut the rails, and a couple kickers...
Lickers are 17" long, rails are 15" and will need a 1/2" long tenon on each end...first, needed to rip a groove down one edge of each stile...Pass in both directions, to try and center the groove...needed a groove cleaner..
Rolleyes 

happened to be a perfect fit.   used a small jack plane..

To make the stiles almost all the same..
Rolleyes 

Then reset the saw, and make a test piece for the tenons..

Scrap the same thickness as the parts,  then test fit..

Meh, needs a bit more tuning.  Laundry was done, back was having issues ( NOT the belly, though
Winkgrin ) decided I had had enough fun for today..

Might try again tomorrow....stay tuned
Winkgrin

Attached Files Image(s)

Tasks for today:  12 rails need a tenon made on each end......that requires 4 backsaw cuts per end. 
Cool Or, a few cuts per end at the tablesaw....
Winkgrin .

Back in the 1980s, it was done on the Sears Craftsman tablesaws....first with an 8" ( which is back in the shop, now) and later with a #113.  10"saw.  

Right now, It would be easier on me, to do the tenons on the tablesaw..
Winkgrin .Then I need to mill a couple more kickers.....and maybe do a glue up?
Confused

Depending on when I can sneak back down to the shop.....
Rolleyes 

Stay tuned....Film at 2300 hrs.....
(02-14-2019, 01:07 PM)bandit571 Wrote:  ... Right now, It would be easier on me, to do the tenons on the tablesaw..
Winkgrin ....

Depending on when I can sneak back down to the shop.....
Rolleyes 

Stay tuned....Film at 2300 hrs.....

...ummm...right now  you probably shouldn't be doing that either unless Dr. "Mac-the Knife" has written you a note
No  Just sayin'.
Wink
If you continue to cut corners, you'll end up going in circles!

It's my thumb so I'll hit it if I want to!
Viewing these excursions to the shop as a form of "PT".....

Worked on getting all the tenons milled, today....got the first to fit better than the test piece..

Then kept at it....getting a few frames all fitted up..

In case a tenon was like me.(fat)...I had a way to slim them down..
Cool

Called a Chin-powered Tenon Shaver.....Tenons were all done on the tablesaw...finally,,

Then had to scrounge around for enough kicker stock...all the 1 x 2s are now cut up..some going to the fire pit..

Drilled a pilot hole on each end of each kicker...then used the countersink drill....
Winkgrin 

glue and 3/4" brads, to assemble the corners of the frames, trying to keep the frames square.   One clamp to pull things tight..

Then mark the center of each stile, and add the kicker....1-1/8" screws and glue...

Somehow, managed to get 3 frames done, out of 6...

Will wait until tomorrow to do the other 3 frames.   Had enough fun for one day....2.5 hours worth...

Stay tuned
Winkgrin