Idea of a Project
Plan for today....after Lunch,
Rolleyes of course...
Winkgrin  Is to get the rest of the face frame cut and installed....and IF there are enough clamps left over, maybe get the top cut and glued up?   Maybe get most done by suppertime?
Rolleyes 

We'll see.    Ok, what is for Lunch, anyway?  

Stay tuned ( anyone want to stop by, and help out?)
Winkgrin
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
(02-23-2019, 11:47 AM)bandit571 Wrote: Plan for today....after Lunch,
Rolleyes of course...
Winkgrin  Is to get the rest of the face frame cut and installed....and IF there are enough clamps left over, maybe get the top cut and glued up?   Maybe get most done by suppertime?
Rolleyes 

We'll see.    Ok, what is for Lunch, anyway?  

Stay tuned ( anyone want to stop by, and help out?)
Winkgrin

Wish I could but think my Buckeye Passport stamp was revoked after last summer.
Rolleyes
Anyway, what is for lunch just in case I can sneak across the border?
Wink
If you continue to cut corners, you'll end up going in circles!

It's my thumb so I'll hit it if I want to!
Wherever you want to go.   Taking a long break, right now.   Waiting on glue to dry, as I ran out of clamps..
No  glued up half the face frame parts...3 out of 5.

Will post a few photos, after I get them processed...
Rolleyes
Cool
Needed to cut a couple boards to length, but...
No

Can't get to any mitre saws, let alone the tablesaw....we have ways
Raised  

Set up a folding miter box, by GEM...can reach a backsaw, but..

There is a Disston D8 Panel saw hanging on the side of the saw til...Got all the rails cut to length..and folded the box up, and back into a drawer it went
Cool 

And, last night, I installed these..
Cool  

So, needed  to lay out for some dovetails...

Then split the lines on the bandsaw..
Rolleyes

These four rails were the easy ones...the wider one for the bottom of the case, needed a few extra cuts..
Cool  

Kind of dresses things up, a bit?   Needed a "plan B", as chopping dovetail sockets on the workbench wasn't working too well...hmmm

Not as tall as the tablesaw.  Finish cleaning this off, and open the top all the way..and we have...

A Work Mate Joinery Bench!
Cool 
Clamped the case on top of it....one side where it bears right on the top of the bench...hammer and chisel to do a bit of chopping..

No saw needed, no room anyway.   Had five sockets to do on this side.   Most were coming out a little high.   Would rather they did, than too low, I can always plane or sand them flush.   Out of space for photos...so, I'll have to do a part 2

Stay tuned
Cool
Ok, worked my  way down one side of the case..

Had to move the clamps a few times...then, rotate the entire mess, and start down the other side

The skinny rails were the easy ones to do....

Used a square to align them with the webframes, so a drawer won't bump anything on the way in.  Wider rail took a bit more chopping to dig a socket..
Decided to glue these as I went...
Rolleyes

Bottom 3 rails went just fine...then I ran out of c clamps..
No 

Not enough room overhead to use the F style clamps, either.   So, I'm sitting here, waiting on glue to cure, before I can glue and clamp the last two rails..
Upset 

was going to try to get the case's top glued up...board never made it to the shop...a 1 x 10 x 8' is a bit too big, right now...Maybe after the rails are all glued up?

Stay tuned...moving at the speed of smell
Winkgrin
Wait, you have a Workmate? Is that new?
Wink

Good progress. I knew you'd kick it up a notch or two. I like the front lower apron detail. Classy.
Cool
If you continue to cut corners, you'll end up going in circles!

It's my thumb so I'll hit it if I want to!
A neighbor a few years back, decided to clean out his garage,...was going to just throw that Work Mate into the trash...got it for free...
Cool 

last two rails are now glued up...Bottom two are planed and sanded flush...and a cove detail added to the bottom edge of the bottom rail...
Cool 

And, IF I can get those folding legs to actually fold...and lower the work to where I can reach everything....
Ok, all the rails are glued in..sanded and planed smooth...Work Mate put away...
Details?
Confused 

Bottom rail got a cove added...

Dovetail joints cleaned up...
Cool

Curved spots needed sanding...

happen to have a sander for that
Winkgrin  

Face frame is done, awaiting a top to be glued up, and installed......and I might try to start the drawers, later..
hauled the 1 x 10 x 8' to the shop....that was .....fun
Uhoh  and set up a saw table...
Cool

Turned out I only needed two sections, 28-1/2" long....first section wasn't too bad..

Then this little section got in the way...cut it out, then cut a second section...laid both on the bench..

3/4" x 18-1/4" x 28-1/2" long....should be enough for the top.   Still had some leftovers..
Cool 

Will keep this around, in case a drawer needs something...Ok, "X" marks the spot..
Winkgrin 

After flipping the two boards, looking for the best match....this marks how this two go together...then fold these up..

Run a Jointer along the edges...

Stanley No. 7c, type 9, a Cordless Model
Winkgrin ,  Then, unfold, and glue the two boards up..
Cool 

Then hang up the apron, and call it a day, letting the glue sit overnight...
Cool 

Stay tuned...may start on a drawer, next time..
Cool
Monday, or no Monday...was getting bored sitting around the house...Thought I could remove the clamps from the top panel, and even clean off the bench..

Then placed the top back on the bench, while I drilled a few slotted holes in the corner blocks...should have stopped there, but
Uhoh  

Four screws to attach the top. Somehow get this off my bench....trimmed one end square...measured and marked the other end to match

Then marked the front corners..

The back corners got a smaller curve....then a cove appeared..
Rolleyes  

Top has been sanded flat and almost smooth...Should have stopped there, but
Uhoh

That 1 x 6 x 8' thing followed me downstairs.....The other 1 x 6 wasn't quite drawer front material
No managed to find two sections at 25" long..
Cool 

"Pick of the Litter"?   Even got out a couple handles, to see how they would look..
Winkgrin

Since the router was still lurking about..
Rolleyes 

Best face of each board got a cove....
Ok, will have to do a 2 parter, tonight...rest of today's misadventures was by hand tools...
Cool

Stay tuned..
Winkgrin