MInni Max S45
I have come into possession of a Minni MAx S45 Band saw in excellent condition. It has the disc style guides. What is it worth, all Park? I am not very good at searching the net.

I know it is 220 but it is still in my truck so I haven't had a real good chance really play with it.

I Have an older Delta, probably made in the 40s, with new tires and a Carter quick blade release and a Kreg fence. I know I will get pressure from the misses but I might keep it and sell the other or even keep it and sell the Grizzly 17 extreme. 

I don't normally ask for opinions or help in matters like this , but I  would like some different views to consider.

Thanks,

Tom
It's been a while since I looked into these saws. What I remember reading is they are top notch. The S45 was (IIRC) an 18" saw with something like a 2 HP motor. For whatever reason they were less expensive than the MM line (I wound up with an MM16), but every thing I've read said they were just as good. I think you'll like it a lot. Surely someone here owns one and can give more specific info.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Here's a link with some info.:  Link 
And another link:  Link2

If your Grizzly is the G0513 the S45 might be about the same, except the Grizzly has a much nicer fence and guides.  If you have the G0636 the S45 is not even close.  

John
(03-17-2019, 12:18 PM)jteneyck Wrote: Here's a link with some info.:  Link 
And another link:  Link2

If your Grizzly is the G0513 the S45 might be about the same, except the Grizzly has a much nicer fence and guides.  If you have the G0636 the S45 is not even close.  

John

I am considering selling the 14 inch Delta and Keeping the S45. I am also considering a Carter Band saw stabilizer. Checking with Carter to see if they have one. Anyone with any experience using a stabilizer. I an planning on putting on a 1/4 blade, and only a 1/4 inch blade.

Tom
Tom, Carter makes replacement guides for that saw saw....but you might want to try the factory guides first. If they are the same as the ones I have you might prefer them. A 1/4" blade is about as small as they will handle, but they work really well.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
(03-20-2019, 04:50 PM)tablesawtom Wrote: I am considering selling the 14 inch Delta and Keeping the S45. I am also considering a Carter Band saw stabilizer. Checking with Carter to see if they have one. Anyone with any experience using a stabilizer. I an planning on putting on a 1/4 blade, and only a 1/4 inch blade.

Tom

That could be a good option. The sale of the 14" Delta should finance any upgrades needed on the S45.  Keep in mind, though, that if you plan to only run a 1/4" blade on it about the only thing the S45 will offer over the 14" Delta is throat width.  It won't cut any better, and longer blades will cost more.  

John
(03-21-2019, 09:42 AM)jteneyck Wrote: That could be a good option. The sale of the 14" Delta should finance any upgrades needed on the S45.  Keep in mind, though, that if you plan to only run a 1/4" blade on it about the only thing the S45 will offer over the 14" Delta is throat width.  It won't cut any better, and longer blades will cost more.  

John
Some things I am  considering just so you have some information.

I do like the idea of having a larger table and a deeper throat depth.  Longer blades mean that the same tooth doesn't get around as often so cost  verses a longer cycle time per tooth may be a wash.  I like the height of the table on the 45 and I am sure the dust collection is better. I have an Inca 11 inch with a 1/8th blade on it and a 17 inch Grizzly with a 3/4 wood slicer blade on it. The 1/8th blade is not the all around general purpose blade  that a 1/4 inch is and I see no real advantage of a 1/2 or 3/8 blade  in my case because I can go up or down in width by changing saws.

I am however having trouble with the electrics and Am asking if anyone out there can furnish me with the saws schematics.

Tom
Has it got door safety switches?
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

What type of trouble are you having ?   Roly
(03-25-2019, 02:45 PM)Roly Wrote: What type of trouble are you having ?   Roly
No door switches and I get a hum from a black box on the bach like a stuck relay and the machine will not turn on.

Tom