Anyone ever mounted a "under mount" sink as a surface mount?
(04-05-2019, 09:20 PM)Mr_Mike Wrote: Why do a half-arsed job on the most expensive room in the house?  Either upgrade the counter or sell the sink.

The management has spoken.

And reserves the right to change her mind in a few years.
Rolleyes
"Truth is a highway leading to freedom"  --Kris Kristofferson

Wild Turkey
We may see the writing on the wall, but all we do is criticize the handwriting.
(joined 10/1999)
(04-05-2019, 09:31 PM)Wild Turkey Wrote: The management has spoken.

Rolleyes

Yeah that's why we have that awful ceramic farm sink from Ikea. Ceramic gets dirty with just water and a pain to clean and is too shallow and a divider in the way and we have to use one of those horrid one hole faucets....  Luckily for me she doesn't want to change it every few years. But the next kitchen redo I will do it my way cause I do the cooking as well as the construction...

That said the sink it technically a drop in on just the edges. I installed it as an undermount which had some issues because it's ceramic it's partially hand made and the top surface isn't flat. One of these days that sink will accidentally break when I slam a sledge hammer on it and it will be replaced with a stainless farm sink.
I put an undercount sink in Formica top the I built as a temp design test that my wife wanted to try. Because if was only temp I used mdtand didn’t caulk the joint. After about 5 years it failed. So much for temp. We are trying a different temp style now. Same sink different color and shape counter. Still Formica I used exterior plywood and caulked the joint. In both cases I wrapped the inside of the slide no opening with the Formica. Holds up better than you would think but still not lifetime
Gary
(04-05-2019, 09:31 PM)Wild Turkey Wrote: The management has spoken.

Rolleyes

Guess who talked to the cabinet designer and realized the problems she was causing trying to use a "half-price" sink that she can sell for more than she paid for it
Laugh
Laugh
Rolleyes

What's that old line about "Women, can't live . . . " 
Laugh
"Truth is a highway leading to freedom"  --Kris Kristofferson

Wild Turkey
We may see the writing on the wall, but all we do is criticize the handwriting.
(joined 10/1999)
This is the last discount sink I came across.  Don't let her see it and hope she doesn't settle on wanting one like it.  It looks great but I can't see it lasting long without a wood frame under it and a good amount of care to keep the thing from chipping

[Image: 00b0b_lakvZgpHw7X_1200x900.jpg]
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.