Hybrid Woodworking?
When we had a vertical spindle gate like you have, I used one of those cable turnbuckle kits to keep it from sagging out of square.
A man of foolish pursuits
Both of mine use a rod style..

2 screws at each end....3/8" wrench to tighten things up.  takes the sag right out....
Cool
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
Have been informed by the Boss
Uhoh  that I will buy a 4 x 4 post TODAY, and start on enclosing the south side of the Gazebo....
Upset

have to cut it to the length needed, and then notch to go around the metal framework of the gazebo's top.....then haul a couple painted sheets of plywood to attach to the house, the frame, and the 4 x 4 post....then a second one from the post to the outside corner.....Have to use both wood screws, and self drilling metal screws....
Rolleyes

May be a few handtools involved?  
Confused Might need a slick to pare the notch smooth....May need a couple metal brackets....to anchor the post to the concrete patio...sawhorses and the workmate are around back, now.  

First things first, this morning...a couple more yard sales...tis the season
Winkgrin
(05-11-2019, 07:57 AM)bandit571 Wrote: Have been informed by the Boss
Uhoh  that I will buy a 4 x 4 post TODAY, and start on enclosing the south side of the Gazebo....
Upset

have to cut it to the length needed, and then notch to go around the metal framework of the gazebo's top.....then haul a couple painted sheets of plywood to attach to the house, the frame, and the 4 x 4 post....then a second one from the post to the outside corner.....Have to use both wood screws, and self drilling metal screws....
Rolleyes

May be a few handtools involved?  
Confused  Might need a slick to pare the notch smooth....May need a couple metal brackets....to anchor the post to the concrete patio...sawhorses and the workmate are around back, now.  

First things first, this morning...a couple more yard sales...tis the season
Winkgrin
All I can say is...I wish I had your energy!!!!!
Crazy
Big Grin
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

Need to haul the toys back outside....nice, bright and sunny morning.   maybe after 2nd Breakfast, eh?  May cobble up a flower box from the cut-offs...

We'll see how the day goes.....stay tuned
Rolleyes
(05-07-2019, 11:17 AM)Downwindtracker2 Wrote: When we had a vertical spindle gate like you have, I used one of those cable turnbuckle kits to keep it from sagging out of square.

My cable kits were made in China. Fell apart while I was installing them. Went to the other Borg and built the kit from parts. The only thing that moves now are the abutting posts during seasonal changes (water swelling). Ground no longer freezes here.

Looking good Steve. I like the hanging pot(s) cautionary statement. This year I am being Scorched Earthman and getting rid of root bound headaches. My wife will continue to buy the little weeds but they don't like drought, and I have always been the water brigade.

So what's next on your remodel list?
Needed a post for a project about the Gazebo, on the back porch.   Boss wants the south side enclosed....so.

Crosscut a 4 x 4 post to about the correct length...lay out a notch..

So the post will fit around the metal frame...

Handsaw was good at crosscuts, sucked at rip cuts....circular saw for the rip cuts..

That the handsaw finished up....needed a clean up?

Metal bracket to install the post, with a clamp to hold it steady

With another bracket at the base..

Saved the cut off from the 4 x 4 post...had a plan for it.   One cut at 19  or 20 degrees ( made two parts) and a square cross cut...

As I needed a way to add lights to the stair railing...

Front one at 19 degrees, and..

One for the back, at 20 degrees.  
Have added 2 sheets of OSB to the Gazebo's post..2 more will be here this weekend.   And another box of screws...mainly to attach the plywood to the metal frames.  Good thing I got a $0.25 baggy of the metal screws last weekend...
Stay tuned