Just to let everyone know Vince interviewed me
Our very own Vince said

"It prints soon (early August) but won't actually be on the newsstand until some time in September.

Vince"

So look for that issue.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
(07-12-2019, 02:20 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: That Woodsmith Magazine is going to publish something about me and the vets in their coming article for veterans day.

When I know more I will let you know.
Smile

I hope he does my shout out about how everyone here has helped me so much.

So buy a copy and see ME. 
Yes

Thank You for helping so much over the years!!!!!

That's awesome. Congrats!
I just seen a correction from Vince in Power tools so I will post it here.

Vince said

Just to clarify, this will be in the editor's column of the Oct/Nov issue.

I had a great time visiting Arlin and seeing his shop. He and his wife are very gracious hosts.

As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

I have been out for a while and sorry I have not made comments on things on Doctors orders to reduce computer time.

Vince sent me 3 copies of the magazine last Saturday and I am on the second page called Sawdust.

Thank you for all the help you guys did.

Just very proud/honored to know and be associated with you, Arlin.  I'm very happy for you!

Don
Read it today, Arlin - it seems Vince had pretty good subject to write about!
Yes

God bless you for what you've been through and the way you're carrying on...
"One should respect public opinion insofar as is necessary to avoid starvation and keep out of prison, but anything that goes beyond this is voluntary submission to an unnecessary tyrany, and is likely to interfere with happiness in all kinds of ways."
Arlin, have you ever looked into Rob Cosman’s Purple Heart Project? I would think that you and/or some of the wounded vets you work with would be exactly what he looks for to participate in his workshops. Everything is provided at no charge to vets, including tools to take home, for those who are approved.
(09-28-2019, 05:23 AM)Greg Jones Wrote: Arlin, have you ever looked into Rob Cosman’s Purple Heart Project? I would think that you and/or some of the wounded vets you work with would be exactly what he looks for to participate in his workshops. Everything is provided at no charge to vets, including tools to take home, for those who are approved.

Greg

I have heard of it and wanted to but getting there is the problem.  Plus I do not know how to sign up plus my wife would have to be there to take care of me.

(09-29-2019, 05:09 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: Greg

I have heard of it and wanted to but getting there is the problem.  Plus I do not know how to sign up plus my wife would have to be there to take care of me.

My understanding is that Rob pays for your transportation. The situation with your wife is perhaps negotiable, but that I don’t know. It wouldn’t hurt to apply. Here is the link to the application:

https://robcosman.com/pages/php-scholarship-application