Aram here is what I did
You asked for my depth gauge and I threw in my glue block and the holder I made to hold Table saw blades I wish to sharpen with my diamond files.

The Depth finder has two legs one for inside my turnings and the other for outside the turnings and then measure the difference.  The UHMW is  1 1/4" thick at the top and 1/16" larger then 3/4" I used a router bit for the slot.  I made both the inside and the 3/8" hole just a tad tight so neither would move after I set them in place but easy enough to move.

[attachment=19792]

Next is the Glueing station I made from some Magazine but added the feature of the box holding my brushes glue applicator close to hand.  I got the plastic tub from EBay which holds 4oz of glue and drilled the hole 1 5/8" so it sat almost on the rim of the tub.

[attachment=19793]

[attachment=19794]

Last is a block I glued together with the inside of 3/4" thick UHMW in the center and I tapped it to hold the 3/8" screw so I can use my diamond cards to sharpen up the blade.

[attachment=19795]

[attachment=19796]

I should also mention I had them either planned or in work for the last year and finally was feeling well enough to spend several hours in several days to finish them up.

I still have 3 other projects to finish up and one of them is like the Accu-Slice for the bandsaw. I made several mistakes and had to re-due a few areas and it does not look pretty but when it is done it should cut veneer or any thickness in-between veneer to 5" accurately
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Arlin,

Nice! I really like the depth gauge. I'm not a turner but there are times when I could have used a tool like that -- you'll probably wonder how you did without it.

I don't have the guts or patience to sharpen my TS blades -- I send them to Scott Whiting. 
Crazy To be fair, they have carbide tips. 

Great to see you building!
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site
(08-04-2019, 12:18 PM)Aram Wrote: Arlin,

Nice! I really like the depth gauge. I'm not a turner but there are times when I could have used a tool like that -- you'll probably wonder how you did without it.

I don't have the guts or patience to sharpen my TS blades -- I send them to Scott Whiting. 
Crazy To be fair, they have carbide tips. 

Great to see you building!

I figure it since it cost $$ so ship out and back and then to sharpen I could save all the funds I can get.  I will use my 10 to 600x to sharpen the flat sides.

I say a big THANK YOU to Brian is Sunny FL for the wonderful blade he sent me for free.  He said it was not high quality but it has been the very best blade I have had to far and the quietest and sharpest as well.  I do not remember the name but it sure cuts 3" thick oak with no problem.

Now that I have worked out the bugs on the depth gauge I can make one for you if you wish?
Yes

PS - Here is what I have to sharpen the table saw blade. I got it for the grandkids to use and they and I all love using it.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/600X-4-3-LCD-3-...OSwBzBcrvT-
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
(08-04-2019, 12:27 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: I figure it since it cost $$ so ship out and back and then to sharpen I could save all the funds I can get.  I will use my 10 to 600x to sharpen the flat sides.

I say a big THANK YOU to Brian is Sunny FL for the wonderful blade he sent me for free.  He said it was not high quality but it has been the very best blade I have had to far and the quietest and sharpest as well.  I do not remember the name but it sure cuts 3" thick oak with no problem.

Now that I have worked out the bugs on the depth gauge I can make one for you if you wish?
Yes

Oh my, thank you for the offer. It would be wasted on me for my needs right now, so I can't accept -- in the hopes that you will find something fun to do with your time. I hope that came out gratefully, the way I meant it!

I'm not surprised about the blade -- Brian is a first rate guy and an asset to Woodnet!
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site