Mr.Pete goes to auction
again to buy old arn and Stanley planes.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4wYmFKz8k0
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

(08-07-2019, 10:42 PM)Timberwolf Wrote: again to buy old arn and Stanley planes.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4wYmFKz8k0

Interesting the sander was dirty. I remember in HS shop class at the end of the school year the teacher made sure all the machines were cleaned, and the tables oiled.
What does one do with 18 #5 hand planes? That is a good question.
Have enough trouble finding enough work for 5 of the #5s, along with the 5-1/4 and the 5-1/2....

I guess you could just grab the sharpest one,and each time grab the next in the line,,,,until all need sharpened...then schedule a full day for that..
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
(08-08-2019, 06:53 AM)Woodworm! Wrote: Interesting the sander was dirty. I remember in HS shop class at the end of the school year the teacher made sure all the machines were cleaned, and the tables oiled.

Yes, after shop class our teacher Coach Gant used to make us clean the shop with brooms, hand brushes and dust pans.  There wasn't a speck of saw dust there, you could almost eat off the floors.
Eric
(08-08-2019, 08:06 AM)stav Wrote: What does one do with 18 #5 hand planes? That is a good question.

Must have been dirt cheap. Clean em up, sharpen em up, and give a newbie a present.

(08-08-2019, 11:06 AM)Eric Commarato Wrote: Yes, after shop class our teacher Coach Gant used to make us clean the shop with brooms, hand brushes and dust pans.  There wasn't a speck of saw dust there, you could almost eat off the floors.

+1
Seems our last 10-15 minutes was spent cleaning and putting away our projects.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

I think he said a bunch of them were missing parts, or had broken parts. I was taught that finishing up the year should include a good cleaning. Maybe someone became ill?

Years ago I took over for a teacher who had a heart attack. Cleaned the room at the end of year. Had a storage room that was about 6' wide and 20 ft. deep filled with wood scraps mainly. Removed it all (you couldn't walk into it) swept the floor and threw away the real scraps and stacked the rest. I got a call mid summer from the teacher, wanted to know where all his wood was, I told him in the storage room or garbage.