airbrushing toner
I was trying to fix some mistakes last night by trying to airbrush some toner. I was using GF EnduroVar with transtint. My problem was finish was drying at the needle and would clog very quickly. I was having to pull the needle out and remove the finish stuck to the tip. Is it just a bad idea to try to airbrush stuff like this? The viscosity is in the mid to upper 20sec in a #4 ford.
(11-05-2019, 07:32 AM)CEPenworks Wrote: I was trying to fix some mistakes last night by trying to airbrush some toner. I was using GF EnduroVar with transtint. My problem was finish was drying at the needle and would clog very quickly. I was having to pull the needle out and remove the finish stuck to the tip. Is it just a bad idea to try to airbrush stuff like this? The viscosity is in the mid to upper 20sec in a #4 ford.

I measure the viscosity of EnduroVar much higher than that; more like the mid 40 second range.  Seems like you thinned it, yes?  Which would make sense for it to spray well through an airbrush.  In any case, try adding Extender to it, around 4% to start with.  That will slow the drying rate and may solve your problem of it drying on the end of the N/N.  

John
Air brushes have much smaller tip orifices than sprayers. Some products easily clog the tip. It may not be drying, just clogging.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay

(11-05-2019, 07:32 AM)CEPenworks Wrote: I was trying to fix some mistakes last night by trying to airbrush some toner. I was using GF EnduroVar with transtint. My problem was finish was drying at the needle and would clog very quickly. I was having to pull the needle out and remove the finish stuck to the tip. Is it just a bad idea to try to airbrush stuff like this? The viscosity is in the mid to upper 20sec in a #4 ford.

What did you thin it with ?    Roly
John and I had this same discussion a while ago. The EnduroVar sold in Buffalo is thicker than the product sold in Rochester. Not sure why but probably I just got an outlier lot. I have very little of this lot left so maybe the next time I want to use this product I can get some of the thick stuff.