Hand held router DC--Tupperware to the rescue
Using an unmounted router has always made a huge mess of chips blown all over the shop. Mortising legs and rails to mount bed connectors I decided to try to minimize the blast of chips. I checked the Bosch DC adapters reviews and the overwhelming negative sentiment is that they are flimsy, won't holdup to even light use. So I came up with this:

BTW, That's LOML's hand, she's a super helper in the shop. Rather than fabricating a way to mount the stiff shop vac hose, she just held it in place and followed as I moved the router. It picked up at least 95% of the chips. Quick, cheap, reuseable and effective. All I have to do is replace an elcheapo bowl. I might splurge and get her two!

This is routing an end rail:

g
I've only had one...in dog beers.

"You can see the stars and still not see the light"
The Eagles: Already Gone
Where there is a will.... Good work.

If you're referring to this adapter, it ain't that bad:

https://www.amazon.com/Bosch-PR012-Colle...955&sr=8-1

I use it whenever I can...more than ten years old.

Simon
(11-17-2019, 06:42 PM)Handplanesandmore Wrote: Where there is a will.... Good work.

If you're referring to this adapter, it ain't that bad:

https://www.amazon.com/Bosch-PR012-Colle...955&sr=8-1

I use it whenever I can...more than ten years old.

Simon

Simon,
That one doesn't fit my 1617. Both the RA1175 and RA1177AT get lousy reviews for longevity.

g
I've only had one...in dog beers.

"You can see the stars and still not see the light"
The Eagles: Already Gone
Someone is bound to say this so I will be first.

Will your sweetheart come over and do the work for me so I can see how it is done. 
Laugh
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
That's pretty slick... 
Yes
"One should respect public opinion insofar as is necessary to avoid starvation and keep out of prison, but anything that goes beyond this is voluntary submission to an unnecessary tyrany, and is likely to interfere with happiness in all kinds of ways."