Looking for a 5 1/2" corded circular saw
Question 
I had a Skilsaw for years and loved it, but it finally died.

Does anyone make a corded 5 1/2" circular saw anymore?

There seem to be plenty of battery powered saws in this approximate size, but I like cords.
Know Guns. Know Security. Know Freedom - - - No Guns. No Security. No Freedom

Guns are supposed to be dangerous. If yours is not dangerous you need to take it to a gunsmith and have it repaired.
(11-19-2019, 03:52 PM)6270_Productions Wrote: I had a Skilsaw for years and loved it, but it finally died.

Does anyone make a corded 5 1/2" circular saw anymore?

There seem to be plenty of battery powered saws in this approximate size, but I like cords.

Porter Cable used to make a 6" saw called the Saw Boss. Great saw, I have used mine for years. They discontinued it but you might find one on Craigslist or at a garage or Estate sale.
Some people are like a Slinky. Not really good for anything but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy. Blessed are the peacemakers.
(11-19-2019, 08:41 PM)Allen Wrote: Porter Cable used to make a 6" saw called the Saw Boss. Great saw, I have used mine for years. They discontinued it but you might find one on Craigslist or at a garage or Estate sale.

That is a nice looking saw.  Looks like the prices (and condition) are all over the place.

I will continue looking for one.

Thanks for the lead.

Guns are supposed to be dangerous. If yours is not dangerous you need to take it to a gunsmith and have it repaired.
(11-20-2019, 05:55 AM)6270_Productions Wrote: That is a nice looking saw.  Looks like the prices (and condition) are all over the place.

I will continue looking for one.

Thanks for the lead.

I have the SawBoss . I do not know why they discontinued it as it is great for both trim and framing. Originally bought this saw because I did a lot of roof framing and sheathing. Needed a light but powerful saw up in the air. I especially like the blade on the left , similar to the geared Skil Saw which I also have. I am retired now and only use the saw occasionally. Still have two 8-1/4" Skil Saws  left from my contracting days. Once had 9 Skil Saws, most of them were 8-1/4" a couple were 7-1/4" saws. 
mike
The Sawboss is great. I prefer the left sided cut aspect/feature as well...light and pretty durable for a smaller, lighter saw. 
Best wishes on your search
I bought a Porter-Cable 4½" plunge saw, which I thought would be ideal for cutting vents in the soffits prior to installing vinyl  soffit material.  But the ergonomics were so dreadful that it basically required two hands to operate it overhead.   The  safety interlocks were dreadful to use.  It has been sitting in its case ever since.  A waste of money.

[Image: s-l300.jpg]
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
Do yourself a favor and find a Sawboss.
30 second search...........

https://www.amazon.com/Makita-5005BA-2-I...7631&psc=1
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(11-21-2019, 08:18 AM)Cooler Wrote: I bought a Porter-Cable 4½" plunge saw, which I thought would be ideal for cutting vents in the soffits prior to installing vinyl  soffit material.  But the ergonomics were so dreadful that it basically required two hands to operate it overhead.   The  safety interlocks were dreadful to use.  It has been sitting in its case ever since.  A waste of money.

[Image: s-l300.jpg]

I bought the Dremel UltraSaw to cut 18 vent holes in a ceiling that was right up next to a wall.  Worked pretty well, biggest issue was lining it up straight on the line before cutting.  Don't know if I'll ever use it again though.

Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away. - Philip K. Dick

Mark

(11-21-2019, 03:06 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: 30 second search...........

https://www.amazon.com/Makita-5005BA-2-I...7631&psc=1

Thanks for that.

I was kinda hoping for something that didn't cost more than my first tablesaw.