Resaws
Have a few boards left over, still......thought about building a box or two from them....
Confused

Mostly 3/4" thick stuff.....I could about double the supply by resawing them down to 3/8" thick..or there abouts....

bandsaw I have is not much, and tends to burn it's way along.
No ....however....

My 8" tablesaw could do a 1-2" deep kerf....then a 5-1/2 ppi rip saw could finish things up.....Just had it sharpened, too.

So...maybe a full day in the shop, set up the saw, with the zero clearance overlay ( can't call it an insert..) to about dead center of the thickness of the boards....run all 4 edges through....set into the vise on the end of the bench....and then saw with the rip saw....then..clean up with a handplane....

Sounds like a fun day.....
Winkgrin
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
Might try a bit....even though it is a Monday....kind of bored just sitting around....
Winkgrin 

First...need to get the saw set up. and make sure the blade is 90 degrees vertical.....and then set up the ZCI and the fence....
Tablesaw was set up...kerf cuts made..
Winkgrin 

Then over to the bench for one part of the Cardio Workout..
Rolleyes

came out something like this...
Rolleyes 

Had a few more to saw..

And still have to hand plane them smooth..
Cool 

So they will look like the other side....the outside of the board, that is...
Winkgrin 

Also have a stack of narrow pieces, that didn't need the rip saw..

These required a special push stick...
Winkgrin

Decided I had enough fun for today....maybe tomorrow, eh?

stay tuned....
lets see...check the blade, with it all the way up..

no gaps? 

Then add the Zero Clearance Overlay..
Winkgrin  

Then add the fence...
Cool  

Then set the distance between the blade and the fence, and clamp the fence square 

Came out to just under 3/8"...run the first of these boards through..

Wider boards will need to be rip sawn, the narrow ones needed a special push stick..

To keep my fingers clear of the blade...just an old handle from a saw...plywood cut to make a new "blade"...narrow boards won't need a rip saw..

They will need a visit from a plane, though.

may build another small box?   Use the narrow parts for drawers?  Maybe use the 1/8" chisel to do a bunch of Finger/Box joints?   Hardwood supplier is still down in Sydney, AUS (downunder).....Might be back up here sometime in March?   

Stay tuned...
A quick 20 minutes in the shop...produced a few shavings, before my Get-up-and-go...got up and went..
Rolleyes 

Got about half of the resaws planed smooth, some on both faces..
Cool

Plane in use tonight?   The 3 Amigos
Winkgrin   

Stanley No. 3, type 11,  WR #62....Millers Falls No. 14, type 2 ( no camber) Jack plane...
Well...that is how I resaw.    Don't have a huge bandsaw.     I can cut a kerf for a blade of some sort to follow....Handsaw, bandsaw.....And then just plane the rough stuff down....and...even get a Cardio Workout to boot.....

Thin parts will be cobbled up into a box with drawers....but..that will be another thread.   Thanks for looking in....

Still think this one plane might be too big..

Yep..too wide...
Rolleyes