Think my ROS is dieing
Stay away from Makita. Hook Pads don't last long at all- wouldn't send me another one- quality testing and control are gone. After being a Makita lover for decades, they are off my list.
Makita sanders are a pretty good value when material removed in a given time is compared with cost and vibration ergonomics are considered.

I'm sorry daddo, but their pads are no better or worse than anyone else's.  Even festool and mirka aren't going to send you a new pad unless it was defective out of the box. 

They are wear items and do not last indefinitely - even without use.  They are prone to dry rot and that brand new pad that's been sitting around for ten years is going to fail within minutes of sanding something.  Heat and pressure are the enemies of all sanding pads.  SO, use a vacuum if you can .  It will make the paper cut more efficiently, cool the pad and keep your work cleaner.  DO NOT press down on the sander ! Let it do the work.  If you feel the sander isn't removing material fast enough DO NOT press harder.   Go to a larger grit and/or get a more powerful sander.

Or, use a planer or grinder.
Going through this another tip I came across is to not set your sander upright on the pad when not in use. The pressure on the pad can slowly compress the hook and loop.
(04-05-2020, 04:32 PM)daddo Wrote: Stay away from Makita. Hook Pads don't last long at all- wouldn't send me another one- quality testing and control are gone. After being a Makita lover for decades, they are off my list.

Ouch.  I just bought a Makita 5" ROS.  

I really wish PC/Delta had not been ruined.  Was there any better ROS than the PC 333?
(04-09-2020, 07:55 AM)Rich_Dixon Wrote: Ouch.  I just bought a Makita 5" ROS.  

I really wish PC/Delta had not been ruined.  Was there any better ROS than the PC 333?

Don't fret.

READ post #16 and don't lose any sleep.