"CELTIC LACE"
update photos still a long way to go.
Okay gang here's a quick photo up date; I'm moving along but I know most people lose interest with a project like this that takes a lot of time. So I shifted gears and started carving some of the final look and applied some of the Rub'N Buff Gold Leaf; I mainly did this to see how far I have to sand & smooth the project. I think i'll need to do a better job on the rest and fix this section, but this should give you a good idea where I'm going w/ the look of this. Of course you know me I'll be adding other things besides what I've shown so far.

RUB N BUFF linky,
https://www.amazon.com/AMACO-Metallic-Fi...247&sr=8-4

Enjoy and please if you have questions just ask,

Bruce
Don’t let anyone pick that up by the rim!
VH07V  
(05-29-2020, 03:39 AM)EightFingers Wrote: Don’t let anyone pick that up by the rim!

Yes it's thin and going to be thinner when the second side is cut, but believe it or not  it's relatively strong for Maple.

Bruce
Okay gang I finely had some time to work on this project there's a bit more carving in the front lace work, but I took a break and moved on to the next part to keep interest on this thread and for myself to see where I'm going next. 

I've decided to add fluting on the under side with the apex of the flutes coming to a point at the vinere lines this is some very delicate work as well here's a few photos to help understand . there's still a great deal of work on this piece, and as always if you have any questions please just ask.

Bruce
Okay, I'll ask: what are "vinere lines"?

Googling that does not give me anything in English.
Slap <-me

I am really enjoying this thread. Beautiful work.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
The fluting is gorgeous and that ought to lighten the bowl when all is done.  The carving is coming along and looking wonderful.  Again, thank you for sharing.
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
(06-09-2020, 07:38 PM)iclark Wrote: Okay, I'll ask: what are "vinere lines"?

Googling that does not give me anything in English.
Slap <-me

I am really enjoying this thread. Beautiful work.

Thank you iclark...I wrote this in a hurry it was supposed to be Veneer lines.

Bruce
(06-09-2020, 08:03 PM)Bill Holt Wrote: The fluting is gorgeous and that ought to lighten the bowl when all is done.  The carving is coming along and looking wonderful.  Again, thank you for sharing.

Thank you Bill... yes I have to be very careful here not to go trew ; I'll see if I can put together another video on the process I used for the flutes. The work was done with a dremel and several cutters, sanders and hand sanding. Like I said keeping the Veneer line at the apex with a clean line is very tricky, I have 14 of these to do all together.
(06-09-2020, 09:14 PM)Splinterz25 Wrote: Thank you iclark...I wrote this in a hurry it was supposed to be Veneer lines.

Bruce

Laugh
Laugh thank you
Laugh
Laugh 

some of that Latin that google showed me was a bit strange.

Veneer make sense. Much obliged.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.