Transformations
'Tis amazing how obvious the solution is once one is given the answers. Fabulous work sir!
Cool
Cool
Cool
Cool
Cool
Thanks,  Curt
-----------------
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
      -- Soren Kierkegaard
Thanks so much Curt.

Regards from Perth

Derek
Articles on furniture building, shop made tools and tool reviews at www.inthewoodshop.com
I had meant to mention the way I dealt with the dowels, the leg joinery, but there was not the opportunity.

Here are the legs, and you can see the ugly dowels. What I did was to turn them upside down, and remove the dowelled section in the taper cut ...

[Image: legs2.jpg]

First, the legs were morticed ..

[Image: legs16.jpg]

I built a simple fixture for my sliding table saw ...

[Image: legs8.jpg]

The nail holes were filled with coloured epoxy, which disappeared after the finish was applied ...

[Image: legs12.jpg]

And then smoothed ...

[Image: legs13.jpg]

I was asked (when I posted this photo elsewhere) why I planed into the grain. The answer is ‘because I can with a closed chipbreaker’
Smile No, the real answer is because it was easier to keep track of the mark demarcating the flat section.

Regards from Perth

Derek
Articles on furniture building, shop made tools and tool reviews at www.inthewoodshop.com
Rita's table at home ...

[Image: Ritas-table1.jpg]

Regards from Perth

Derek
Now I can see why you cut it down a bit. It fits the space perfectly.

Good job!