Using the leftovers
That Plywood back took a few big cauls to get it clamped up..
Rolleyes  

Today, those clamps came off....trimmed the face frame down flat ( BIG bow in the middle
Upset )

And decided to add parts for a base...
Rolleyes

Still needs a pair of feet in front...

Drawer parts:  That 1 x 4 x 6' was crosscut to start on making drawer sides and backs,,,Wanted the sides to be 3/8" or so thick...set up the tablesaw to resaw thing Pine 1 xs

Blade is all the way up.   I NEED that Zero Clearance Overlay, otherwise these thin parts would drop down into the saw....still had a strip to cut....bandsaw is still down..... 

Ok, follow that kerf!   About a dozen full strokes later..
Cool

Saw makes a landing on the wooden deck....problem? 

Same as the bandsaw.   Tablesaw kerf is a bit wider....no biggie..smooth plane can flatten it right out...

More rips and crosscuts....Got the sides made for all 6 drawers, and the fronts sized to fit.  Still need to mill the backs, and work on bottoms for the drawers...

I think that will do, for today...waiting on glue to dry..again..
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
That is looking good.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Clamps came off today.....I did 2 one hour work sessions...first was to mill ALL the parts for 6 drawers..

1 hour to rip to each width, cut to length, mill either rebate or dado as needed...

2 sizes of rebates..ones for the drawer backs to sit in..

smaller ones to fit the drawer front's 2 dados....plywood milled to size.  I did check the case for square, too
Rolleyes

Took a short break...grabbed the camera, this time....and started to assemble a few drawers..

Some took a few extra clamps.   Nails and glue were also used...and a pilot hole drill..

Mainly the Pine and plywood were glued, and nailed together....Ash front was glue only...

was getting a bit crowded over there...and a 3rd was on the way.....finally ran out of clamps the right size after the 4th drawer..

Too many clamps?   I figure while I am cleaning these 4 up tomorrow, I can get the last 2 assembled..

Then see about cut a lid down to size....

Stay tuned
Winkgrin
Clamps on the 4 drawers have been removed...trying to get them fitted...

Can't really shove them all the way in, yet...waiting on handles to arrive..

Decided to add a filler strip to the base...

So I can add the trim to a level playing field
Rolleyes 
Tongue &  Groove joint?

Remember,, these parts are barely 1/4" thick...
Cool

Lid has been trimmed for square..width...and length...then glue and clamps..

I suppose 3 clamps should be enough?
Confused

needed 4 for the last 2 drawers...

And..

About 2 hours in the shop...on a Monday, no less..
Uhoh 

Waiting on glue to dry.....seems to dry faster on my fingers, than the wood
Uhoh
Stay tuned..have a "Build a Drawer" coming right up...
Build a Drawer.....have already shown how the parts were milled, time to assemble...
1).

Clean up the joints, make sure the parts will fit each other...bead of glue to start..
2)..

Three nails to attach bottom to a side.  Remember, large rebate faces in, little one faces out.   Drawer back is there to steady the bottom while I nail...repeat for the other side..
3).

Back next, bead of glue on three edges...nail to the bottom with 2 nails....circled area will close up, when the sides are nailed to the back..
4).

Then the fun part...the front gets a bead of glue in two dados and the rebate along it's bottom edge....then pressed/tapped/hammered into place...
5).

No nails used to attach the front,  glue alone....and a few clamps...

And let sit overnight.....

All 6 drawers are now either glued up, or sitting in clamps.

Just small drawers, no need for fancy joinery....for a Tool box...
Midnight last night....wasn't all that sleepy...went to the shop to check on the glue-ups.....hour later....

Had reset this a few times...couple of straight cuts...and a couple miter cuts....pine strip as a backer board...molding has a rebated backside...
Glued and nailed in place....did I mention the last 2 drawers were de-clamped, cleaned up, and stashed...?
Rolleyes 

Need to work on the lid...

Flatten it out, and trim to final size.....need to replace the bandsaw motor, today.....old motor removed, spare attached...line up the pulleys...usual stuff...
Rolleyes

Kind of dresses things up, a bit
Confused 

Hardware is to arrive by this coming Friday.....handles, hinges....we'll see..
My shop time today.....replace the motor on the bandsaw......done.   old motor, oiler bearings were toast....."new" motor is the one the saw came with. 

Somewhere in the future...the bandsaw will get replaced...but, not right now.

Took two people to hoist the motor into place, and secure with the 4 bolts.  Tested things out a bit, once the TIGHT v belt was slipped back on...then torqued the bolts down...

And, that was it for today's shoptime....
The "bad" motor?  
Confused  

Replaced by the "spare motor"  
Winkgrin  

Seems to run ok, for now....have a few curves to cut with the bandsaw,..after I draw a few lines..

I think these will help with drawing the curves?

Mail has arrived!   Hardware has arrived from Hobby Lobby....have to order on-line, stores seem to be closed, right now. 

"We have work to do.."

Stay tuned...
Winkgrin
I had the same saw or a very similar one at one point (I noticed it in one of your other threads).  I had to get rid of it due to space constraints (no shop or garage).  Glad you were able to keep yours running.
Lets see...lid has been planed flt, and as smooth as I could get it...
Cool 

Then some curves marked out..

Even French ones..

And..since the bandsaw has been re-motored..
Rolleyes  

Set this aside for a bit...and installed a few fancy handles..

Like that little screwdriver?   Candle to wax the threads...that tiny drill point as a pilot hole drill.  Getting these handles centered by using the MK2 Eyeball..

Came close?  Then worked on installing a pair of hinges for the lid...
Winkgrin 

I think 2 should be enough
Confused   Installed on the lid first, then clamped to the case, and finish it up...sit this thing onto it's own feet..

And see if the lid works..
Rolleyes 

Thinking maybe a chain to hold the lid from flopping over the back?

Almost done...stay tuned..
Winkgrin