Good morning Men,

I have a brother in law that I need to help install a 7' x 7' Rubbermaid vinyl storage building from Lowes.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Rubbermaid-Comm...d/50125589

It is going in his back yard, relatively flat, grassy area.

My question is, what is the most simple (cost effective for him) base that I could build?  My concern to sit it directly on the grass is moisture.

Could you point me to a picture, or a link, or just an Idea?  I know for a fact you guys are more helpful than almost any other resource.  Thank you.

It comes with a resin base. Just put it on a level spot.
My concern is the doors won't work if it's not "level".  When I say the ground is level, I mean that it is relatively flat.  Not level enough for doors to properly operate however.  And I read this model has a seam on the bottom of the floor.  Such that moisture would come up through if sitting on earth.
I put one up many years ago.  I put it on leveled deck blocks with a "deck" made out of pressure treated 2x4s and 3/4" treated ply.  I'm surprised how well it has held up.  It takes a little time to level the deck blocks but it pays off because you have a level and solid floor under the shed.  Now, if only it were bigger...
Mike

If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room!

But not today...
diy base for rubbermaid shed 7x7
I have a couple of the smaller sheds that have about a 3x4 footprint.  These areas didn't have grass, but I would remove that first if I did, level the area, and then I lay down the 16" square concrete pavers and put the shed on top.  They provide a solid base and the doors never get caught up in the grass or whatever might be in front of it.
I have a 10 X 10 and 10 X 7, both on black cinders. Going on three years and no issues yet.
I was suprised how expensive the sheds were.

I wonder is there a way to put some sort of roof vent in. They can get pretty hot. I was also thinking about turning one into a solar kiln to dry wood. Anyone try that?
VH07V  
Is this one Overkill for what I need?  This unit comes with a floor, I just need something flat, and off the ground for moisture. Can it get any cheaper/easier than this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2l4AfZZp6SI
the framing concept is right, except I personally wouldn't double up the 2 by front and back.
this is just a plastic 7 by 7 shed and according to website, 351 lbs. personally id look at the price difference between framing with 2 by 4 PT 16" OC  compared to using 2 by 6 PT 24 OC.
don't think id bother with the joist hangers.
I don't think it gets any easier than what the video shows.
(03-07-2017, 12:32 PM)tomsteve Wrote: the framing concept is right, except I personally wouldn't double up the 2 by front and back.
this is just a plastic 7 by 7 shed and according to website, 351 lbs. personally id look at the price difference between framing with 2 by 4 PT 16" OC  compared to using 2 by 6 PT 24 OC.
don't think id bother with the joist hangers.
I don't think it gets any easier than what the video shows.

Thank you.  This is what I needed to hear.

Appreciate the help men.
Install 7'x7' Rubbermaid Storage Building - What base?