The WNENN is a group of WoodNetters who have set up a system that allows us to help other WoodNetters who need a hand during a difficult time. Any member registered on WoodNet can sign up to be on the Notification list in My Home and will automatically be notified if a message is sent. The system also allow us to delete names, thereby keeping the message from being known to the person for whom help is suggested.

The network has a Board of Directors made up of nine WoodNet members, located in different areas of the US, who verify the need and process the cards, letters, and any money sent. The current procedure is to send letters with check, MO's, etc. to the designated contact who will process them and forward to the recipient. Sealed letters addressed to the recipient will not be opened, simply forwarded. That allows members to send whatever they want with no interference. Paypal can sometimes be used, depending on the contact. There are also the possibilities of scheduling a workday(s) to build needed additions–like a wheelchair access ramp or small home repairs.

Those nine Board members are the only members who can operate the message network and send a message. That ensures all members a message is a legitimate message. Any WoodNet member can also PM any board member with questions.

This is a voluntary system. No score is kept. There is no way to monitor who is on the notification list nor will any list of donated material be kept. This is simply a group of WoodNet members who want to help other members and have set up this system---along with the assistance and approval of the Forum moderators. We have done several of these operations in the past and had excellent success. We set up this Network in response to those WoodNet members who were not notified and wished to also help.

The current list of the Board of Directors is as follows:

Knothaid----Florida
gmike-----Minnesota
K. L, McReynolds-----Kansas
esanford-----Texas
irish-----Pennsylvania
Patsfan-----New Hampshire
jgrout------Colorado
spasquarello-----Washington State
Klink-----California

Mac - I see there is not much representation on the East coast - I would be glad to be involved if BOD assistance is needed. I know I am not one of the regular bunch - so I will understand if that is a problem. Let me know your thoughts. Thanks!
Rick

Thanks for the update, Mac. The BOD was a good idea . . . got rid of the few "tests" by new members that popped up in the beginning.

Kudos to you fellows
So tell me how to get on this list Mac.
Steve
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

On your "my home" page, preferences, select group you wish to join. Click for WNENN.
Blackhat

Bad experiences come from poor decisions. So do good stories. 

blackhat said:

On your "my home" page, preferences, select group you wish to join. Click for WNENN.

Thanks!!
Steve
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

I just stumbled accross this...

I am impressed. There are a lot of great things that happen here and I was happy to see something like this setup.

I just enrolled as well.
blackhat said:

Well...Then I guess us Canucks will have to get board members to participate /represent OUR country.
Not enuff warriors....too many chiefs!
I think this is a wonderful idea. Bravo to everyone involved!

And, I echo Newstick's concern - I'd like to be able to help a fellow toque-wearing Canuck in a time of need.
As a beneficiary of such an effort, and slowly returning to a place where I can contribute and assist others - I'll be signing up momentarily in my control panel.

For the digital age, I can't say I've EVER experienced a better group of people on the net.

/humbled

michael
Every day find time to appreciate life. It is far too short and 'things' happen. RIP Willem
What is the WoodNet Emergency Notification Network