A couple of photos of the workbench I've been building for too long. Finished it last week. It is based on the Lie-Nielsen bench and uses their chain drive face vise and their tail vise. Made with hard maple. The top is 4 inches thick. Legs are 3 inches square. It is 6 feet long and 22 inches deep.

" />

" />

BTW: If you buy the Lie-Nielsen tail vise the installation directions you may get could have an error. I will bring this to Lie-Nielsen's attention but PM me if you have their vise and haven't installed it yet just to be sure.

That's a great looking bench. Very well done.
That thing is gonna be a pleasure to use. Time to go ahead and ding and dirty it up.
If it wasn't for last minute, nothing would get done.

Visit my site for project pics and videos: dlgwoodwork.com
Very nice! So you found the mistake too: makes for an interesting install. Enjoy the new bench.
Outstanding job. They are a lot of work, but time well spent.
Great looking bench! Enjoy it. Just think 250 years from now someone will be posting a Craigslist gloat here on Woodnet about your bench! Lol Benches like this will live on long after we're gone.
Wonderful bench, Mark.
Could you comment on the tail vice hardware and installation?
Ag

AgGEM said:

Could you comment on the tail vice hardware and installation?
Ag

The directions tell you where to install the tail vise hardware on the bench. You must cut a precise mortise and five precisely located holes which you then tap for bolts. Then you discover they tell you to do this about 1/2 inch higher than they should have. Additionally if you have a bench thicker than 4 inches they say to center this piece of hardware. If you do that don't buy their vise jaw or follow the directions for making one because it won't work. There is a precise measurement below the top of the bench top that the mortise needs to be made. They have that number wrong.

Thanks Mark.
Mark;

I hope that bench is exactly where you will want it for a very long time. It looks absolutely rock-solid. Great job!

Dave
How much time do you have in that beautiful bench? Do you have a finish on it?
Thanks,  Curt
-----------------
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
      -- Soren Kierkegaard
My new workbench