The second saw from the top (multiple medallions?) has me stumped.
(The only other saw I know of that is similarly configured is the Disston 99, but this is clearly not one of those)

[/image]

Can you read the medallions at all? and maybe some tinfoil and polish where the etch might be would shed some light. I think you can polish that and get some kind of etch to show. it'll take a while and you'll get some exercise but I think it'll do the trick.
pat

I do not (yet) own these.
Robert Sorby sometimes put multiple medallions on their saws. I missed a two medallion saw at an auction earlier this year.
Bob Page
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In da U.P. of Michigan
www.loonlaketoolworks.com
I don't know, but the second from the bottom is one heck of a rip saw!
Steve S.
------------------------------------------------------
Tradition cannot be inherited, and if you want it you must obtain it by great labour.
- T. S. Eliot

Tutorials and Build-Alongs at The Literary Workshop

Bibliophile 13 said:

I don't know, but the second from the bottom is one heck of a rip saw!

Yup. I'd like to have that one! Heck i'd like to have them all

Jonathan

I only regret the tools I didn't buy!

“Think about it: Everything with a power cord eventually winds up in the trash.” John Sarge

Follow-up to my original post ...

That second saw from the top turned out to be the person spawn of an illicit union between an 1880s-era Disston, a 1920s-era Atkins and a Warranted Superior (those were the three medallions someone had shoe-horned into that poor handle)

Instead, I brought home the big ripper (2nd from bottom) -- 4½ PPI and straight as an arrow.

I cleaned it up enough to get the plate smooth and revealed this etch.

" />

Research shows that Walbridge & Co was a Buffalo, NY hardware chain from 1884-1926. At one point they had 5 stores and a warehouse. The flagship store occupied the first 3 floors! of this building, which stands to this day.

" />

The saw appears to have been a Disston product, engraved for the reseller, but I can't find a good match for it among any of my catalogs.

" />

No. 60, maybe,... the seller may have asked for the wheat.

And remember, those catalog pix are notoriously inaccurate.

TobyC said:

And remember, those catalog pix are notoriously inaccurate.

Agreed -- as to the inaccuracy of those old illustrations, but I doubt that the 60 was spring steel.

Anyway, that got me to looking and the handle looks identical to certain years of the No 99.
Anyone recognize this saw?