Anyone have one of these setup? I've had my worksharp for a few years now, and recently won the wide blade setup in a raffle. I'm trying to get it aligned, and I can't seem to get it down to the same level as the plate/paper. Any tips? Do I need to file the housing down at all? I think I can get it reasonably parallel to the plate, just not perfectly co-planar, maybe a 32nd high.
TIA!
Benny

I had the same issues with the workshop wide blade table not sitting low enough. I filed the underside of the table to align it correctly.

djwong said:

I had the same issues with the workshop wide blade table not sitting low enough. I filed the underside of the table to align it correctly.

Whereabouts on the table did you actually file? I can't see where the table is hitting and binding...
Benny

bennybmn said:

[blockquote]djwong said:

Whereabouts on the table did you actually file? I can't see where the table is hitting and binding...

[/blockquote]

Here is a link to a photo of the underside of the table attachment. You can see I filed around the front.

Sorry for the use of a link. The new google photos does not allow direct links to ".jpg" versions of photos, so I could not embed the image.

No problem, thank you! It's so hard to tell exactly what's hitting up under there.... I'll give that a try. Thanks again for the pic.
Benny

djwong said:

Here is a link to a photo of the underside of the table attachment. You can see I filed around the front.

Sorry for the use of a link. The new google photos does not allow direct links to ".jpg" versions of photos, so I could not embed the image.

Got it mounted up last night. I had to file it back along the webbing past the "Y" in the middle... So I get it all set, and the first plane I choose to try the sides of the iron aren't perfectly paralell, so I'm having a hard time setting it in the honing jig squarely! Fun fun. Oh well, at least I have something to work with now.

Thanks again for the help, all.
Benny

Yep, that was the case with mine...I just let it be.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Mine didn't fit quite right either. At the time, I thought it was because the nuts were binding in the sleeves. I used a hammer for persuasion. I now wish I'd just made my own with adjusters at all 4 corners. But what I've got works well enough.
Thanks,  Curt
-----------------
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
      -- Soren Kierkegaard

I was considering making one, had it all planned out, then it came up as one of the optional prizes in the raffle so I nabbed it. I also thought the same thing about the nuts, so I filed the seats on the main body some. Still needs work. At least it's all aluminum so it files easy and won't rust.
Benny

Installing Worksharp wide blade attachment