hi,

nothing fancy, with decent mechanism and under a $100 or good value for your dollar...

thanks in advance for your comments...

windr

Schlage
Mark

I'm no expert, unlike everybody else here - Busdrver

Nah...I like you, young feller...You remind me of my son... Timberwolf 03/27/12

Here's a fact: Benghazi is a Pub Legend... CharlieD 04/19/15

CLETUS said:

Schlage

+1 spend all of the hundred bucks though
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

smartest dumb luck decision I made. The handle is great for getting into the house when your hands are full. I replaced the keyed handle with a regular handle so the only key is the deadbolt. This way you can never lock yourself out. For a reasonably price brand I like schlage.

mark
Ignorance is bliss -- I'm very, very happy
I installed a Schlage combination key lock on my front door and side door. I set my own combination (the last four digits of my childhood phone number which I never forget).

It is a real boon when I walk the dog and forget the key.

Also you can program in temporary combinations to allow a service person in and then eliminate it later, still retaining your standard combination.

Installation is straight forward. Once a year I replace the battery (9 volt, same as my smoke detector and I change them all at the same time).

I don't remember the exact price but around $100.00.

The lever handle is much, much more convenient.

http://www.schlage.com/en/home/electronics/keypads.html

These can also be key operated so no worry if the battery goes dead.

I use the same combination for my garage doors as my front and rear door.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
entry door handleset