I saw a craigslist ad that said "Old Saws" so I checked it out. I found a Bishop blade that has a strong etch, straight and plenty of blade left. The catch of the night was a Harvey Peace P45 which has the Emanuel Andrews patented handle. There's a couple pics of the handle showing how the blade is let in further to the handle.

If anyone knows anything else about these, please share.
I've included a link to some info I found.
HarveyPeaceP45

It has a rosewood handle that's a little chewed on and the blade was poorly sharpened over its lifetime. Plenty of calves and cows on that toothline. It's mostly straight by I'm a little worried about restoring it. the steel can get pretty brittle on something this old.
pat

" />

" />

" />

" /> " /> " /> " />

" />

That's a nice example of a rare saw.. congrats on finding it!

Josh
www.hyperkitten.com Funny Name, Good Stuff.

Old Tools, Woodworking, Blog, Tools for Sale.

I forgot to add that the cost was $35
Nice find! Lots of suckage in MO tonight too.

Jonathan

I only regret the tools I didn't buy!

“Think about it: Everything with a power cord eventually winds up in the trash.” John Sarge

That's a beautiful saw. Love the handle design. Great find!

You suck.
" The founding fathers weren't trying to protect citizens' rights to have an interesting hobby." I Learn Each Day 1/18/13

www.RUSTHUNTER.com
Beautiful!!!

And....

And just so you don't forget......

Pat,
I have the P35 (listed on the same website)which is virtually the same although a beech handle. Josh has the 45 listed as Mahogany in one place and Rosewood in another. Not sure but either way ya kinda suck!

Very uncommon saw.

Mark

sawnuts said:

Pat,
I have the P35 (listed on the same website)which is virtually the same although a beech handle. Josh has the 45 listed as Mahogany in one place and Rosewood in another. Not sure but either way ya kinda suck!

Very uncommon saw.

Mark

yeah, I saw the mahogany/rosewood thing after I posted. Upon closer inspection, I think it is mahogany as the catalog says.
pat
Craigslist find: Harvey Peace P45 and a Bishop blade - pic heavy