So I bought a used/damaged Jet 16/32 for a few bucks. It looks like it was knocked over and the main damage is a slightly bent conveyor belt table. Then I noticed the "smart sand" light didn't come on. Upon a little more inspection I discovered the outer housing on the "smart sand" motor is magnetic even when unplugged. The circuit board is not broke and the motor turns fine. Any suggestions on what to look for? I don't know squat about electrical. Thanks for the help...

akertesz said:

.... Upon a little more inspection I discovered the outer housing on the "smart sand" motor is magnetic even when unplugged...

I have no idea what this means

Are you indicating the machine is totally dead? Or that a light does not come on?

The light does not come on. Someone on another forum said the light only comes on when "smart sand" kicks in. Also since the motor is DC and has permanent magnets the motor housing will be magnetic.
Electrical Question