Here are a couple more views of the first of the JR line of planes. In the first pic you can see the "B & K" (Brese and Kennedy) logo on the lever cap. In the second pic you can see the "JR" initials. Those are the initials of the gentlemen who brainstormed this idea and gave us free reign to express ourselves.

Ron

"which plane should I use for this task?......the sharp one"

http://www.breseplane.blogspot.com/

Gorgeous work guys. Keep 'em coming.

Doug

As said in my post the planes are simply gorgeous, but I do have a bit of criticism: personally, I'm not a fan of initials. Instead of B/K, I would do a tiny Brese & Kennedy. For the purchaser, well, they're paying and you do what they want.

Other than that, the plane is one of the nicest I've ever seen, period.
Waiting to grow up beyond being just a member
www.metaltech-pm.com
JR are my initials.......who should I send my address to for shipping?
Beautiful work.
Jim
http://ancorayachtservice.com/ home of the Chain Leg Vise.

Heck, I'd change my name if it meant I could get my hands on one of those.

Absolutely beautiful workmanship.
If you are going down a river at 2 mph and your canoe loses a wheel, how much pancake mix would you need to shingle your roof?

Just absolutely stunning. Nothing more I can say.
BontzSawWorks.net
I sort of expect engraved shavings to come out if a tool like that! Plain old thin ones would be a disappointment.

So I was thinking of how I could make engraved shavings with this plane and it occurred to me that I could send a board to Catherine to engrave and then take shavings from that board.....that actually might work.
"which plane should I use for this task?......the sharp one"

http://www.breseplane.blogspot.com/

Ron Brese said:

So I was thinking of how I could make engraved shavings with this plane and it occurred to me that I could send a board to Catherine to engrave and then take shavings from that board.....that actually might work.

Indeed it would. But then you'd be planning a board Catherine engraved. You think you could do that? I don't think I could.

Oh well. The owner may use it and then decide it is better to look at than use because the shavings detract from the plane.
I would like to have one of those, not as the object d'art that it is but because to use it would announce that I had enough wealth to use something like this. T'aint gonna happen so I will just appreciate the beauty conveyed by the pics.
Thanks,  Curt
-----------------
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
      -- Soren Kierkegaard
More of the Brese/Kennedy collaboration