Fed up with untidy bottles of loo cleaner etc and the odd toilet roll laying around in our downstairs toilet, I decided to build a corner cupboard to house it all.

Simple MDF back and shelves, with a nice oak face frame and door to give it a bit of class and to give me something to make ! The plywood door panel is painted to match the woodwork in the loo. Didnt remember to take WIP photos, but there is not so much to show. Here are the pics of the finished job.

Decided to use bridle joints for the door, just to make a change from cutting regular mortices :

The oak is stained with water based stain then given a coat of clear poly to protect it.
Cheers

Chataigner in PĂ©rigord-Limousin National Park
www.rue-darnet.fr

Nice
Tres bien, Chataigner!
well done

Very practical design and nicely done !
I like it. Ken
Nice cabinet. Interesting color choice for the bathroom. Blue, and Green are both calming colors, thought to promote calm, and amongst other things regular toileting habits
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
I like! Simple and effective and very nice. I like the color too.

Joel
USN (Corpsman) 1968-1972
USAF Retired Aug 31, 1994
Santa Rosa County, Fl Retired Jun 1, 2012
Now just a hobbiest enjoying woodworking!
Nice cabinet, and very tight bridle joints.

How is the "new" property renovation coming along?
...Naval Aviators, that had balz made of brass and the size of bowling balls, getting shot off the deck at night, in heavy seas, hoping that when they leave the deck that the ship is pointed towards the sky and not the water.

AD1 T. O. Cronkhite
Very nice work. I agree, on the tightness of the bridal joints. Can you share details on how you cut those joints?
Thanks,
Bob
"All that I do or say is all that I ever will be"

Billy Joe Shaver, Old Five and Dimers Like Me
A little corner cupboard