Had a new Luxaire TM9X060 installed two years ago. Installer seemed good, did a good job, but doesn't seem to want to do the warranty work.

Luxaire doesn't want to sell me the part. Other installers say to call the first guy, they don't want to "take his work".

So much for small town living :-0

The problem is the condensate tank - it's cracked. It's an easy replacement, I can DIY, I just need the part. It is still within warranty, I just can't find a place to provide the part (or even willing to sell it to me).

Any suggestions? Thanks.

Get in touch with Lennox (the company) and explain you need a repair and the problems you're having. That worked for me with Trane quite some time ago, they got in touch with the installer and he then came out and fixed whatever it was (can't remember).
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Luxaire is a rebadged York. Contact Luxaire direct or the nearest distributor - not dealer- and tell them the situation. Bet you get a phone call looking for an appointment or the part.
Blackhat

Bad experiences come from poor decisions. So do good stories. 

Just curious. What did the original installer say? "No, I'm not going to work on it"? That doesn't right unless he doesn't care to stay in business.

Once the first or second year labor warranty is up, there will be a labor/other charge- the warranty part is free.

The proper model on that might be TM9X060B12MP11.

If you replace this pan yourself and it isn't done correctly, you understand you have changed your warranty status on any other part that is damaged as a result? And liability goes out the window. I know it sounds bad, but this is what you can run into- seen it happen.

If your calls don't get results, ask the supplier for the corp phone number for that brand.

daddo said:

Just curious. What did the original installer say?

I talked to him on the phone, explained the problem. He asked if I was sure it was the tank and not the hose, and I explained the crack was visible. He said he would order the part. I asked about the labor cost, he said he can "usually" get that covered, but if not should not be too much.

Two weeks later, I called his cell phone to check on it, no answer. Tried several times more, no answer, concluded he was dodging my calls.

Called his dad's company (another furnace install company), said that the son installed it but did not seem interested in repairing it, asked if they would do the repair. They said they would talk with the son and either he would fix it or they would, someone would get back to me either way in a day or two.

Waited a week, called again, no answer. Tried a few more times, no answer, left messages, no return call.

Seems like neither one of them want to touch it, not sure why - have not had any issues or problems with them. When I call other installers, they say they won't do warranty work on another company's installs. One or two said they would fix it, but I would have to pay the full bill.

People in this smaller town are a little quirky and odd that way. Maybe this is why the installer always mentioned as "the best" is always busy, even at three to five times the cost of anyone else.

Did you say something to tick them off? Small town and at the parts house- the gossip gets around- at least here it does.

daddo said:

Did you say something to tick them off? Small town and at the parts house- the gossip gets around- at least here it does.

I don't think so, really can't think of anything that would have annoyed them. I assumed it was more he is overloaded and it was less profitable work, but that doesn't really explain the others.
W/o a doubt contact the company that built and warranties the furnace. Do it by e-mail - paper trail. Give them a chance to take care of it. Tell them that this needs to be fixed under warranty. If they are unwilling - have it fixed by the guy who said they will then sue the company in small claims.

I don't like the idea of suing but there are times it is necessary. For me a furnace is not something to mess with.
John

Always use the right tool for the job.

We need to clean house.
Sorry, saw Luxaire and read Lennox...senior moment, I gues. Still the same suggestion: call the manufacturer!
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
thooks said:

Luxaire is a 3rd-tier brand from York (Johnson Controls.)

Does "3rd-tier" imply it's lower quality? It was supposed to be a good mid-range furnace, was told that by many people and research seemed to confirm that. Was I mislead?
Furnace warranty repair