The Zing Ear ZE-268S5 Pull switch is a 5-wire 4-speed type

Lowes & HD do not sell this pull switch.

So the chain broke outside the switch a couple Years Ago
1) took the switch apart and added more chain... Fixed

Last month the chain broke inside the switch
1) Took it apart and tried to remove the end of the chain from the internal plastic piece and broke the plastic piece. It is too small and too brittle to glue back
2) went looking for a replacement on Amazon. Thought I could make it work. Wrong.
3) Mapped the internal connections on the 5 pulls along with which colored wire goes where

Off
L-1
L-2-3-4
L-3-4
L-4

Found the part at:
http://www.ceilingfanparts.com/images/pullchainsw.htm

It is part#94, the only one with 5 wires and the 3-stepped rotating internal main connector.

Hope this helps someone else here.

You ask why I don't have one with a remote? Cause the other one with remote transceiver died after 2 years and a replacement transceiver was more than I wanted to spend.
WoodTinker

I added a remote switch from HD to a ceiling fan that had problems with the pull chain. I think it was about $30. No more chain. Now the fan and light are controlled at the wall switch with the added bonus of a greater number of speeds and brightness. I couldn't be happier.

Twinn
Will post for food.
I have had 2 different remote switches die one phone call each time resulted in free replacements shipped to me.
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

Hunter is off my list after a round with them on their switch problems. Almost set my house on fire due to a short.They had me send in the switch to quality control. They sent me a second(improved) switch that did the same thing a year later. They are not a company you should do business with, in my opinion.
1st class birdhouse builder/scrapwood mfg.
Bob10 said:

I have had 2 different remote switches die one phone call each time resulted in free replacements shipped to me.

Was this past the warranty?

Mine was.
WoodTinker

they were more than 5 years old I didn't really look for warranty info just called and told them fan stopped working properly.
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

Hello, 

I found the switch on this website. Here is the link:

https://www.ceilingfanswitch.com/product...-ze-268s5/
(05-25-2017, 11:41 AM)Mike.h Wrote: Hello, 

I found the switch on this website. Here is the link:

https://www.ceilingfanswitch.com/product...-ze-268s5/

And yet another spammer stops by to take a dump in the forum...
as a moderator on a different forum, quoting a spammer instead of reporting is probably not what the mods want you do to here.  Just report and they'll take care of it. I already did
(05-25-2017, 01:25 PM)jlanciani Wrote: And yet another spammer stops by to take a dump in the forum...

How come you think that is a spammer?  Looks more like someone found another source and was kind enough to share.
Replacing Hunter 4-speed Ceiling Fan 5-wire Pull Switch