Yes, I'm going to learn but in the meantime I have a decent Disston D-7 5 1/2 T I picked up to for $4 at the Elephant Trunk today but it can use a file job. Or should I just get a new file and punt?
Jim

THANK OUR MILITARY THAT WE ARE FREE

If I accepted, that'd mean I didn't have any integrity..
AND then I'd meet your expectations as a politician..
Fred Kingston...052708

That's a good saw to start on. Big teeth are pretty easy. Get a good file and try it yourself.
Steve S.
------------------------------------------------------
Tradition cannot be inherited, and if you want it you must obtain it by great labour.
- T. S. Eliot

Tutorials and Build-Alongs at The Literary Workshop

Dittos they are not hard to sharpen.

You can make a saw vise. The files are cheap. You can pick a tooth setter for around $25.

Paul Sellers has a good series on this.

Fortunately, I live in Amish country. They all know how to sharpen saws and don't charge much.
I no longer build museums but don't want to change my name. My new job is a lot less stressful. Life is much better.

Garry
rwe2156 said:

Dittos they are not hard to sharpen.

You can make a saw vise. The files are cheap. You can pick a tooth setter for around $25.

Paul Sellers has a good series on this.

Worked for me, watched the vids, bought a file and I'm smiling. Pretty easy after doing my homework. Down the road I see a saw setting rig. Thanks for the input folks.
Jim

THANK OUR MILITARY THAT WE ARE FREE

If I accepted, that'd mean I didn't have any integrity..
AND then I'd meet your expectations as a politician..
Fred Kingston...052708

Good job!

Smaller teeth can be a little harder, but the concept is the same. It's a pretty simple operation once you learn to do it. Glad you figured it out.
Steve S.
------------------------------------------------------
Tradition cannot be inherited, and if you want it you must obtain it by great labour.
- T. S. Eliot

Tutorials and Build-Alongs at The Literary Workshop
Matt Cianci is in Warwick, RI, not too far from your neck of the woods.

Phil S. said:

Matt Cianci is in Warwick, RI, not too far from your neck of the woods.

+1 ......... I bought a saw off of Matt a couple years back and it is super nice.

Steve
Anybody sharpen handsaws in central CT. ?