Is the rotozip worth the $10 premium? Is there really any difference between them?

I went looking for one this week at HD, and they didn't have any. All ship to store. Makes me wonder if this is a tool that nobody wants to own, but just buys and returns when the job is done.

I have a rotozip. I haven't used it for drywall since I bought the HF multitool. the HF tool works well on drywall and is also useful for many other things. It's also much cheaper than a rotozip. round holes aren't quite as convenient as a rotozip, but they're certainly doable.

the advantage to the router is to be able to put the drywall up first, and then cut the hole. I just did a couple of 4" j-box holes the old fashioned way, and it came out fine. But it was a pain, and the sheet was only 2x4'. I'm going to do some full sheets soon, and the router route seems like it would be a lot easier.

I just got a multitool, and it does make drywall repair a lot easier. Wish I had one a couple of years ago.

rotozip is good if you are doing several can lights or ceiling boxes but they make a whole lot of dust so if you are not doing several or working in an area that really shouldn't get dusty stick with your multitool
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

I hung 50+ sheets of drywall earlier this year and put them up then cut the holes with the HF.
I've had mine for about 10 years, and it only gets used occasionally. Still, it's fairly handy for sheet rock...but not much else. In addition to the dust mentioned above, it seems to be quite a bit louder than other hand held tools.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.

If I were buying one today, I'd buy a battery powered one for whatever set of battery powered tools I own.

Beats the snot out of a multi-tool when doing lots of work.

For small jobs, I still use a utility knife. They still work, you know.

Apparently, Habitat thinks I need to do utility closets. Lots of holes for pipes. Best done by hand.
Rocket Science is more fun when you actually have rockets. 

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government." -- Patrick Henry
Pro drywallers use a decent rotary tool(mine is a Bosch), since Roto-Gyps are not exactly commercial grade. I had one that crapped out on the second job.

Having said that, whatever you think is worth the $$ is good.

In my experience, using a rotary tool for cutouts/trimming is a LOT faster/easier than cutting before installing.

Example: Hang a full sheet across a door/window and use the tool to trim the excess beats measuring and cutting and trying not to break off the odd piece left when mounting.
Luckily I don't hang much drywall. That said, I am glad I own a toto zip. Don't use it much, but it does the job when needed.

I've got the no longer made Porter Cable, been a good unit.

Helped a friend drywall a 30 x40 garage, he had a rotogyp, not sure of the model but there was no comparison to my PC, his was used on 1/2 a box opening........

Ed
drywall routers, should I get one?