As some know we open our store once a month. As you walk into the tool room that has mostly hand tools this is what greats you. And as a lot know, I deal in restored hand planes. As for me personally, I am not necessarily interested in a lot of technology, the ins and outs of hand planning  as I am in a very entertaining DVD for someone not versed in hand plane use or something that a woman, that hasn't a clue, would stop and consider the moment, eye catching.

I know there are a lot out there, what do you consider the best for what I want. Not necessarily the most informative.

[Image: DSC02843_zpsffnk6msi.jpg]

[Image: DSC02842_zpsxhm3ljxr.jpg]

The wife suggested something on a band saw because we also have a band saw for sale. That is why this particular DVD is playing.

Thanks in advance.

Tom

Could you maybe find an appropriate YouTube video and run it on continuous play?
If you are going down a river at 2 mph and your canoe loses a wheel, how much pancake mix would you need to shingle your roof?

The Coarse, Medium, Fine DVD by Chris Schwarz would be my choice.
WoodTinker

(09-09-2016, 08:42 AM)WoodTinker Wrote: The Coarse, Medium, Fine DVD by Chris Schwarz would be my choice.

That's a good one, but the best hand plane instructor I've seen is Jim Tolpin.  I'm not sure he has a video out there, but if there is, I'd consider that as well.  David Charlesworth is a good instructor as well, but his delivery is so deliberate, it's far more on the instructive side than on the entertaining side.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
What DVD for Handplanes