So....the new face frame for the bathroom cabinet has turned into "do it all".  Not stripping all the way to the studs, but doing all else.  I need to:  remove drywall texture, retexture, paint, replace vanity top, replace sink and fixtures, replace light fixtures, strip and repaint the moulding, the install the new face frame/inset doors.  Maybe a new toilet as well, don't know about that yet.

What is the smartest order in which to do the above?
MAKE: Void your warranty, violate a user agreement, fry a circuit, blow a fuse, poke an eye out...  www.makezine.com

No Good Deed Goes Unpunished

Hire someone to do it.

Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member

^^^what he said.
Laugh
"Truth is a highway leading to freedom"  --Kris Kristofferson

Wild Turkey
We may see the writing on the wall, but all we do is criticize the handwriting.
(joined 10/1999)

(10-03-2016, 06:59 PM)Wild Turkey Wrote: ^^^what he said.
Laugh

I would LUV to!  Problem is...she SPECIFICALLY wants me to do it.  Also, I need/want (and it is need/want not just want) a new car.  Pay for contractor = no new car.

There are few things in life I despise (and suck at) more than anything drywall.
MAKE: Void your warranty, violate a user agreement, fry a circuit, blow a fuse, poke an eye out...  www.makezine.com

No Good Deed Goes Unpunished

Sounds like a few change orders. My bride does that to me all the time. Must be a Wimmen thing . . . .
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Remove vanity and everything off of the walls. Remove all trim. New floor covering? Remove whats there.
Do ceiling first, then install new light fixture. Do walls....floor.....install trim, vanity
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

what he said but I would take the drywall out to see what is behind the walls as I have redone stuff only to have laterals fail in the walls.  Also I would want to see if any half butt work or rot is buried in those walls.  Honestly I think tossing up new drywall would be easier than trying to strip and refinish whats in place.  Lastly pull the toilet first get it out of your way and stuff a rag in it while you are doing demo and drywall.  Once that is done you can probably slap it back in if you need it.
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

If I decided I was going to remove texture and then retexture, I'd just strip the drywall out and put up new.  That will also expose plumbing and electrical for inspection.  Never know what you'll find back there. 

You're going so far into this, might as well do a complete job.

This takes project creep to a new level.

Remember, you're a "fine jewelry box" type of guy. This project will only take you a couple months... Of course, that will be after 6 months of obsessing over minor details.
Mark

I'm no expert, unlike everybody else here - Busdrver

Nah...I like you, young feller...You remind me of my son... Timberwolf 03/27/12

Here's a fact: Benghazi is a Pub Legend... CharlieD 04/19/15

About three months ago, LOML said she wanted to (meaning me do it) down the wall paper in the hall bath.

Still had 1965 tile for tub surround.

End result? Down to studs, new three piece tub surround, new sheetrock, new vanity, new gloss paint, new wainscoting, new mirror, new towel bars, and refinish the door/trim. In that order. Took a week(with help). And another couple weeks(cause I procrastinated) to repair the hole in front of the new(different size) vanity.
Well boys, I'm in it now. Bathroom remodel steps?