Thought I would share some pictures of my hand tool cabinet.  Basically this is Ian Kirby’s plan out of FWW from several years ago.

Baltic birch ply and walnut.  32” wide x 48” tall and 16” deep overall.  Hangs on two french cleats.  Still have some room to add more tools to it, but it certainly keeps everything organized and at hand. 

My new workbench that I’m working on currently will sit directly in front of this cabinet.  

[Image: 279cff98-d303-4462-ad91-aa62dd370364_zpsnpzvxcot.jpg] [/img]

[Image: Open%20View_zpsjalywjde.jpg] [/img]

[Image: Chisel%20Close%20Up_zpsdn0yyyhm.jpg] [/img]

[Image: Saw%20Close%20Up_zps6mhjr9pg.jpg] [/img]

[Image: Drawer_zpsafqv3q1u.jpg] [/img]

[Image: Planes_zpseva2egjx.jpg] [/img]

[Image: Saw%20Close%20Up1_zpstniiwpza.jpg] [/img]
"This is our chance, this our lives, this is our planet we're standing on. Use your choice, use your voice, you can save our tomorrows now." - eV

Wow!!! Super!!!   That thing is like a fine Vault, and the contents are Vault-worthy too!

Chris
Chris
Thanks!  Just down the road from you assuming you are in Indy.  I'm in Columbus.
"This is our chance, this our lives, this is our planet we're standing on. Use your choice, use your voice, you can save our tomorrows now." - eV
Very nice. Are your planes vertical? I hope to start on a cabinet for my handtools in the near future. I'm also just down the road, a little farther, in Lafayette.
Planes are vertical.  Here is a pic with the interior partition doors open exposing the planes.

[Image: Part%20Doors%20Open_zpsmdnj5vcj.jpg] [/img]
Nice work.
Wood is good. 
I love it.  And the tool collection isn't bad either. 
Cool

You really have thought of everything - altered spacing of the little garages, a little shelf for the oil.  Just one question.  I see the magnetic catches to hold the inner doors closed. What keeps the outer doors shut?   

Steve
(02-10-2017, 12:49 PM)Steve Friedman Wrote: I love it.  And the tool collection isn't bad either. 
Cool

You really have thought of everything - altered spacing of the little garages, a little shelf for the oil.  Just one question.  I see the magnetic catches to hold the inner doors closed. What keeps the outer doors shut?   

Steve

Steve -

They actually stay closed on their own.  However I have thought about embedding rare earth magnets in the edge of the carcass and the doors which would do the trick.
I'm in love.  I need those plans. And I need to quit procrastinating.
Very nice craftsman-like work and design.

It is about the size that  I am  thinking of building as replacement for my current "cabinet."

Do you know what Fine Wood Working (FWW)  issue the plan is in? Could not find it on the FWW site.
Hand Tool Cabinet