I have an older Turncrafter Pro and recently was offered for free a bed extension for what I believe to be the same size lathe but with the a Jet badge.

It's my understanding that many of these smaller 10" and 12" lathes are re-badges of a design from some factory in Taiwan / China.

What is the likelyhood of the bed extensions being compatible?

I don't have the EXACT part number of either my lathe at hand and I'm waiting to hear the part number from the extension.  I've made a note to update post when I get home and can add the lathe part number.
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. -- G. Carlin

Rob

I would not think so.  A lot of them make them different to keep the customer coming back.  You can get the bolt pattern off of yours from a piece of paper to see if it matches tho
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Simple. If you have access, make a paper pattern of the bolt holes.
If they line up, you're golden.
Well, actually the bolt holes could line up, but if the the ways are a different thickness, or distance from the bolt holes, then things won't fit.
"Mongo only pawn in game of life."        Mongo
(07-17-2017, 02:41 PM)Rob Young Wrote: I have an older Turncrafter Pro and recently was offered for free a bed extension for what I believe to be the same size lathe but with the a Jet badge.

It is being offered to you free. Take it.

If it does not fit your Turncrafter, then it will fit the Jet that you get or the Jet of someone else here.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
(07-19-2017, 08:58 AM)iclark Wrote: It is being offered to you free. Take it.

If it does not fit your Turncrafter, then it will fit the Jet that you get or the Jet of someone else here.

That's the logic I'm applying.  But since it will be a few weeks (owner currently on vacation) before I can lay hands on it, I was thinking about the need to modify my lathe stand and getting a head start.
Every time I've tried to modify something in advance of receiving whatever Im making modifications for I have to redo some or all of my modifications. I'd wait, but you may be a better engineer than I am.
(07-20-2017, 03:31 PM)crokett™ Wrote: Every time I've tried to modify something in advance of receiving whatever Im making modifications for I have to redo some or all of my modifications.  I'd wait, but you may be a better engineer than I am.

I'd wait too.  I understand wanting to get started but have it in hand first otherwise you'll likely end up making more work for yourself.
Rodney
(07-20-2017, 07:23 PM)Rodneywt1180b Wrote: I'd wait too.  I understand wanting to get started but have it in hand first otherwise you'll likely end up making more work for yourself.
Rodney

I think you misunderstood the post. The stand (more of a rolling cart) needs to be modified to handle a longer bed lathe regardless of the lathe model or lengthening method.

That can be done without knowing about bed extension compatibility.  Lengths of modified mini lathes is easily found in manufacturers data and so new size for stand top is easily determined.
You're right.  I thought it was about the extension, not the base it's sitting on.
Rodney
bed extension compatibility