Looks like some photo hosting sites such Photobucket are now charging for use of your own photos on forums such as this one.  This refers to the practice of having a third party such as Woodnet use photos that are stored by them.  I received a notice from Photobucket that I would have to pay over $30.00 / mo. to post any more photos here.  I am asking for your guidance on how to go forward.
Confused
Confused
Confused

I'm fixing to try Amazon and maybe Google.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

I am merely posting from my computer....never used Photobucket....prefer to have my pictures where I can access them for FREE.
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
Could you tell me how to post photos here directly from my computer without using a hosting service?
All my posted photos are hosted on Photobucket.  Long threads of them also.  It's a shame they had to start charging, because there are a lot of folks whose threads were very instructive and they had photos linked to Photobucket.  In a way, though, I found Photobucket more and more user-unfriendly.  The time it took to load things and the haphazard, non-intuitive way you create folders and mark photos just made it a real pain to use.   It would have been nice for them to at least grandfather the third party hosting to photos posted before a certain date.  I too, am considering alternatives.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
And why would you NEED the hosting service, in the first place?

I go right to the bottom of this page, click on "New Attachment" button that says Browse.   Then after selecting a photo from my computer's  store of pictures, I hit "Add attachment"  then move that into the  post.
[attachment=3233]
By hitting "insert into post"  button.
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
Mike:  the answer is Flickr.  Check out this thread where I gave Jack a tutorial on how to post from Flicker:

https://www.forums.woodnet.net/showthrea...id=7331652

and I've tended to go with albums and a link to the album, much less fussy than posting each pic, and when someone clicks the album they can enlarge the pics for more detail than is available if you post the pic directly to the WoodNet site.  Check out this album:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/9433588@N0...3691988114

of a plane I sent to someone who wanted a #5, and you'll see how it works.  Creating albums is easy on flickr, and since they are part of Yahoo, they are unlikely to start playing games like Photobucket......
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
I'm looking at Flickr, per Admiral.  Keep suggestions coming please.  Since I use my photos for multiple purposes, I need a hosting site, I think.
I have always used a paid Photobucket account ($59 p.a.). My photos appear to have survived on forums ... so far. For insurance (since this could lead to Photobucket imploding), I have moved to Photoimage. This is the best of the rest, in my opinion. What is important to me is the ability to create categories to file photos, and for direct linking (which Photobucket is charging for). Photoimage is also free, but I would happily pay a nominal amount each year.

Regards from Perth

Derek
Articles on furniture building, shop made tools and tool reviews at www.inthewoodshop.com
It's $39.99/month to upgrade to the only option that allows 3rd party hosting. Sorry, Photobucket.  Ain't gonna happen.  So, I'll be switching to a different account.  It's just irritating that many popular threads like showing your homemade tools, or tutorials have now lost their photos, which, in many cases, kills the historical value of the thread.  I probably spent a full day creating and editing a thread I did a couple of years ago on replacing the cutterhead on my lunchbox planer to a helical carbide cutter.  Now, it's toast.  I don't have time to rehost those pics on a new service, then edit the thread to replace the dead links.  I know it's totally their right to charge for a service that used to be free.  It just feels like I'm now required to pay admission to my local city park.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
Posting Photos