Hi all,

Does anyone know if there is much difference between the 60 and 360 miter boxes? I have the 60 and am wondering if it's worth $50 to upgrade. The castings that hold/guide the saw look beefier in the 360 (in pics), but I don't really know. If anyone has personal experience, let me know. Thanks!
voigtplanes.com
blackdogswoodshop.blogspot.com

Go to Blackburn Tools' website and look for the downloads of the Stanley catalogs that Issac saved from oblivion, here:

http://www.blackburntools.com/articles/r...index.html

compare the descriptions.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
I flipped a No. 60 box one time (with the modernish blue stamped blade guides).   I thought the No. 358 etc. cast guides worked noticeably nicer and quieter.   However I wouldn't go out of my way to upgrade for $50.   As it happened another Millers Falls fine strong box dropped into my hands some time later for about $15.00 total, which is probably the luckiest find in my used tool collection.
Chris
Stanley 60 vs 360 miter boxes