So I'm interested in buying a new 14" bandsaw before the end of the year.

I've narrowed it down to the Rikon 10-326 or the Laguna 1412. They are so close in features that either one would be fine. Right now I can get the Rikon with a mobile base for a sale price of $899 or the Laguna for $1,099. Since it's so close, what are the odds of one of them going on a better sale for Black Friday?
Telling a man he has too many tools,
is like telling a woman she has too many shoes.

If you are close to a WoodCraft store, and happen to know them well enough to ask I don't know if the 100 bux off is the Christmas deal, but 3 or 4 years ago when I bought my 18" Rikon it was near Christmas, and I told them I wanted one, they told me when to show up. It was retail 1500 bux IIRC and I got it for 999.99 with some free stuff thrown in. Back then the 14's were around 750 IIRC. Maybe those were just "the good old days" ???????
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW

(11-13-2017, 04:38 PM)Steve N Wrote: Maybe those were just "the good old days" ???????

I was just talking about that with a friend this weekend, and how I scored the craftsman 14" (rikon clone with welded steel boxed frame, bearing guides and cast iron wheels and table) for $250 ish (which was more than 40% off at the time) on Black Friday morning in 2007 or 2008. Still use the saw to this day.

Once Favre hangs it up though, it years of cellar dwelling for the Pack. (Geoff 12-18-07)  

Metal band saws ar excellent for tiny retailers that cut brass, aluminum, and steel alloys. a security lock prevents accidental cuts and accidents. Bench band saws ar versatile tools. the lean table permits easy cutting. A standing band saw with wheels permits users to move the saw wherever it has to go. The table adjusts to totally different heights for easy use. the benefit of big savings once looking Black Fri band saws.
It makes ya wish you were younger again sometimes, all these higher prices are because we got old
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
It being just a week or so away I can be patient another few days. I'll pull up the sites on Thursday and see if there are any BF incentives.

(11-15-2017, 07:36 AM)Terry W Wrote: It being just a week or so away I can be patient another few days. I'll pull up the sites on Thursday and see if there are any BF incentives.

Just curious, have you thought about something used?  Generally there are plenty of used 14" saws to be had, especially the Delta and it's clones.  You could buy 2 or 3 for the price on one of those new ones.  And all bandsaws need to be tweaked to work well, whether they are new or used.

(11-15-2017, 08:12 AM)EvilTwin Wrote: Just curious, have you thought about something used?  Generally there are plenty of used 14" saws to be had, especially the Delta and it's clones.  You could buy 2 or 3 for the price on one of those new ones.  And all bandsaws need to be tweaked to work well, whether they are new or used.

I need something with a larger resaw capacity than the 6" my current bandsaw has. I'm a believer of buying used when I can but I've looked for awhile and nothing used has shown up around here to fit my needs. Come to think of it, all I've bought to date is used. Bandsaw, tablesaw, jointer and drill press have all been bought used. This will be the only new floor machine I've purchased.
Rockler and woodcraft regularly have 10% off sales on Laguna tools.
I'm extremely happy with my 14 BX, no tweaking needed.
I have the C-Man Rikon Clone.  Upgraded to the Carter guides.  So, all total about $650.  I do not know if Rikon's bearing upgrade would fit or not.  Love the saw, today though I would look at the Rikon 14 or 18" for the resaw capacity.    I do want bigger resaw (7.5" currently)and thought about this year "not going to happen."  After all the medical expenses for the kids and myself, by 8 year old Lab/Pointer tore her ACL yesterday.   Vet said the Cheap one was about $2K.  That being said I saw the little Rikon 10" at Menards for $219.99  yesterday. So it's not the big boy, but one I have been eyeing.  Also, check out CPO starting some of the Black Friday early deals. Dan
Bandsaw sales on Black Friday?