I purchased a quantity of building materials from Menards and when the project was nearing completion I had two windows and a few pieces of siding to return. I also purchased 18 doors and some trim and hardware. It took FOUR HOURS!

I never had a problem getting loaded or returning material at Menards.  In and out in about 1/2 hour

(12-23-2017, 07:53 AM)fixtureman Wrote: I never had a problem getting loaded or returning material at Menards.  In and out in about 1/2 hour

Overland is going for a record or something.

Yard return combined with department loaded door order would take time.  but not four hours time.
WoodNET... the new safespace
4 hours? I'd be talking to the store manager after the first 30 minutes. I can't imagine sitting and waiting for 4 hours.
Mine was a return and buy also had to go through the guard house 2 times
I have a pickup and a 16' trailer and load them both when I go. Most of the time is spent waiting on outside help staging and loading. Also waiting at the entrance gate and filling out paperwork for returns. If you just go into the store to return something or buy a few small items it's no problem, or if they are not busy. I have visited with others in the yard that are getting large loads that take just as long. This is common occurrence on large orders. I have also had to travel across the city several times to the other Menard's to complete an order.
No my experience at all. I have them load whole pallets at a time when possible. Also paperwork or shack waiting is not ever a huge investment in time.

Sure this is not a story you told your wife to answer why you were gone so long?

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

(12-23-2017, 01:54 PM)BloomingtonMike Wrote: No my experience at all. I have them load whole pallets at a time when possible. Also paperwork or shack waiting is not ever a huge investment in time.

Sure this is not a story you told your wife to answer why you were gone so long?

On one occasion she was actually with me. I never have a long wait at lowes or home depot. I do enjoy menards however.

(12-23-2017, 02:40 PM)Overland1 Wrote: ... I never have a long wait at lowes or home depot. ...

I never buy large quantities of project items at Lowe's or HD; you can't drive right up to the stack of lumber, blocks, or whatever at Lowe's or HD.  But you can at Menard's.  Perhaps there are Lowe's stores or HDs that have drive-in yards, but I've never seen one.

I've never experienced a significant wait at Menard's.  Some times have taken longer than others, but those are usually a Saturday morning when the place is teeming with other customers.  When I'm going for a big load of stuff, I usually try to go there at a time when there aren't likely to be a lot of other customers; opening time on the weekends and weekday evenings early in the week are good times to cruise into the yard if I need help getting stuff loaded.

The guys in the Menard's yard here are pretty good.  They usually find me; I don't have to go searching.  They jump right in and help loading with the right kind of help.  They've recently helped me with loading 27 sticks of 12-foot 2X12 AC2 lumber (by hand) and 100 bags of sand (by lifting them on a pallet exactly where I could get them off the pallet and loaded into the vehicle).
(12-23-2017, 07:38 AM)Overland1 Wrote: I purchased a quantity of building materials from Menards and when the project was nearing completion I had two windows and a few pieces of siding to return. I also purchased 18 doors and some trim and hardware. It took FOUR HOURS!

I suggest anyone that is buying things in bulk, like 18 doors, that you get to know the department manager, and talk with them ahead of time. They will get everything together on a skid for you, get it out to the yard and its super easy and fast.

4 hours at menards sound like you just went in and said oh, I need these doors and such, and they had to play wheres waldo in the racking.....if that wasnt the case, Id be curious to hear what happened.

Once Favre hangs it up though, it years of cellar dwelling for the Pack. (Geoff 12-18-07)  

Loading process at Menard's