https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tf6nVRfzF_A

Watch quickly and maybe stop the vid in order to see how tiny the No. 1 is while this guy is handling it.  Watch from the beginning until about :30 seconds.  It goes by quickly but, like I said, if you stop the vid you might get to see it.  Kinda of like a Bigfoot sighting.

Don't be sucked into watching the rest of this video unless you enjoy watching an old tool chest be restored.  Pretty dull.

Hmmm.....I can just look at one about five feet from me in a curio cabinet. Yep, its small.
Waiting to grow up beyond being just a member
www.metaltech-pm.com
A big medallion pops up, stating "Hand tool rescue." The very next scene show a battery operated drill.  Since it does not have a cord, and is held, does this make it a hand tool?
I tried not believing.  That did not work, so now I just believe

(12-26-2017, 05:00 PM)Cecil Wrote: A big medallion pops up, stating "Hand tool rescue." The very next scene show a battery operated drill.  Since it does not have a cord, and is held, does this make it a hand tool?

Hand Tool Rescue is basically a fellow who fixes up old tools and, as he says, "rescues tools and puts them back in the hands of people who can appreciate them." It does not seem to be limited to just unplugged tools, as he has made numerous posts for electric drills, forge blowers, chainsaws, and the like.

He posts to many social media sites, including Facebook, Reddit, YouTube, and Instagram.
Bob Page
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In da U.P. of Michigan
www.loonlaketoolworks.com
(12-26-2017, 05:00 PM)Cecil Wrote: A big medallion pops up, stating "Hand tool rescue." The very next scene show a battery operated drill.  Since it does not have a cord, and is held, does this make it a hand tool?

YouTube click bait.  I've seen a few of his offerings, I have issues with his techniques.  Not impressed.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
I found my No. 1 in a chest like that.
It's been my theory that Stanley made the No. 1 and No. 2 to fit in the hands of children. Why build a plane so small that an adult cannot use it?

So if any of you No. 1 or No. 2 owners care to indulge a thinker, would you be so kind as to put one of those planes in the hands of a six year old child and take a pic? I bet it would at least look like it belongs in their hands instead of getting lost in the palm of an adult. Stanley probably understood that one hundred years ago a young kid would eventually follow in their fathers' footsteps and what better way to ingratiate the kids to the world of Stanley than to make a working plane just for them. The No. 3-8's would have been to big for their hands and the weight would have tuckered the kids out in no time.

So how about it, No. 1 and No. 2 owners. Could you take a pic of a Stanley No.1 or No. 2 in your grandkids hands and share the pic with WNN so we can see if my theory is close to being correct?

(12-27-2017, 05:59 AM)Tynyyn Wrote: It's been my theory that Stanley made the No. 1 and No. 2 to fit in the hands of children.  Why build a plane so small that an adult cannot use it?  

SNIP>>>>

Agreed! 

I think parents were more pragmatic when I was a child. I still have my first cross-cut panel saw, a miniature of a standard. I see people refer to them as traveling tool box saws. And, in a step toward the bottom of the barrel, there are some pretty homely block planes that lived in a little boy's Christmas tool box.
I stopped watching when I saw the power screwdriver.
He lost me when he started to remove all the patina.  How sad.  As far as the power screwdriver goes, he didn't really "restore" the toolbox, so more power to him (pun intended).
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
Wanna see how small a Stanley No. 1 is?