So I bought these 4 saws from a young man here in the swap and sell about 7 years ago roughly. I was in-between health issues and I forgot who made them and have only returned here recently. My old account appears to have been wiped of content as I can't search for anything from that time period.

Anyway, I've got these saws (I love them too) and would really like to know if the maker is still in business. Here are the saws in question:

[Image: even_more_stanley_45_pics_now_with_a_bead_too_013.jpg] 
[Image: even_more_stanley_45_pics_now_with_a_bead_too_014.jpg]

[Image: even_more_stanley_45_pics_now_with_a_bead_too_018.jpg]

[Image: even_more_stanley_45_pics_now_with_a_bead_too_020.jpg]

Well, there they are. Does anyone recognize anything design wise or whatever? There are no makers marks of any kind other than the obvious fact they are very well made. I really hope the gent who created these is still making saws, because these are great. If I remember correctly these were some of the very first saws he offered for sale. So to me its obvious the guy has skill.

Any ideas?
Uhoh

Looks like Ron Bontz's style.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(01-09-2018, 05:53 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: Looks like Ron Bontz's style.

Ah, I'm these days aware of Bontz saws. I might just have to touch base and see.

Does Ron still post here?
Confused

Smile

(01-09-2018, 06:18 PM)Rick Barton Wrote: Ah, I'm these days aware of Bontz saws. I might just have to touch base and see.

Does Ron still post here?
Confused

Smile

Yup.  He'll be around to confirm or deny if its him.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

(01-09-2018, 06:22 PM)Admiral Wrote: Yup.  He'll be around to confirm or deny if its him.

Nope. Not my saws. "Youngmoses" I think. Can't remember his name at the moment. "Some timers" kicking in.
BontzSawWorks.net

(01-09-2018, 10:31 PM)RonB1957 Wrote: Nope. Not my saws. "Youngmoses" I think. Can't remember his name at the moment. "Some timers" kicking in.

David
First name wouldn't happen to be Eric..would it.....a fellow over on LJs has been doing saws like those...
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
So a guy named David, or Eric, with the moniker Youngmoses, who might post on Lumber Jocks?
Raised

I'll see if my balky google-fu can come up with anything.
Big Grin
Lief Erickson. They look like his work if my recollection services...which these days is hit and miss!
-Marc

(01-10-2018, 12:11 PM)WaterlooMarc Wrote: Lief Erickson. They look like his work if my recollection services...which these days is hit and miss!

It can't be any worse than mine, Marc.
Wink
Please help me figure out who made these fine saws.