As always all of the planes that I am selling have been precision ground and are no more than .0015 of an inch out of being perfectly flat. The sides have been ground with the same care and precision and are also ground square to the bottom. The would make a good choice of a plane for shooting board work.

I touched up the plane irons on all of the planes.  It helps with sharpening, It doesn't require any lapping but  a lot of people will still do it. The top on. some of the earlier irons needed a little help after about 100 years or so. I  It helps the blade to make full contact with the frog and I feel it helps reduce chatter.

First up is a Bailey #5. The body has bee stripped and repainted with several coats of black paint. The knob and tote are, new made by me, Babinga. I do not know what else to say about this really, really, nice plane except there is nothing that needs to be done to get it to work perfectly except for sharpening. Most prefer to do there own sharpening and I don't to help to keep my cost down, But I will for another $10.

Usually I ask $85 for a #5, but I have to ask $95 plus shipping. I will take $80 if you do not want the knob and tote.

[attachment=7154][attachment=7155][attachment=7156][attachment=7157]

I have some Moxon vise hardware for sale for $115 shipped priority Mail. The only pictures I can find is of mine in my bench What I am selling is the same thing.

[attachment=7158][attachment=7159]

I had an allergic reaction to working with Bolivian Rosewood and can not finish sanding them. Just because I have an allergy to them doesn't mean anyone else will. Anyway I have several rosewood totes that will fit any Stanley, Bedrock, Keen Kutter K series plane from a #3 on up. One of the pictures shows what they look like when finished. Asking $18  plus $7 shipping cost for each. For 2 or more shipping cost will be $12 more total.

[attachment=7165][attachment=7166]

I also have Wolverine Vari- grind jig for $26 plus $12 shipping, That is half price of a new one 
[attachment=7163]

And last but not least a Wolverine dressing attachment for $35 plus $13 shipping. Both of the Wolverine hardware can ship in the same box if bought together.

[attachment=7164]

Thanks for looking.

Tom

I had a question about the totes.

Yes. they have been drilled and are ready for hardware. All work was located off from the hole. The counter bore was drilled the correct size but I can not control the moisture content in the wood in other parts of the country. Most of the time everything is fine and then one day the hole is to small. You may have to file the nut a little. I use the short knob's screw. I thread the brass nut on the stud chuck it up in the drill press and file it a little.

Sanding is my problem. If I could work the wood, I would turning matching knobs and be asking $40 instead of $18.

Tom
A better picture of the Moxon vise hardware.

[attachment=7189]

Tom
Pm sent for wolverine attachments
Alex
Final Assembly Quality Inspector for the manufacture of custom vintage sport biplanes
[Image: 07-15-28-122_512.gif]
Wolverine attachments are considered sold pending.

Tom

(01-14-2018, 11:37 AM)tablesawtom Wrote: Wolverine attachments are considered sold pending.

Tom

Tom

I personally feel you are selling the totes to cheap and the wood like that costs a lot and then the labor. 
Yes
Yes
Yes
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Wolverine attachments are sold.

And yes Arlin you are correct. But when the totes are gone, they are gone. Every body thinks they can make their own and don't want to spent the money. They really are a lot more difficult to make than meets the eye, but that is the way it is. Planes aren't selling either, again very body again thinks they can restore them themselves. That is why the Lie Nielsen and Lee Valley planes are so popular, they get frustrated and give up. But again when they are gone they are gone. The same holds true for the moxon hardware. Roubo benches are very popular but the bench isn't practical without a moxon. One from Bench Crafted will be quite a bit more. When it is gone the opportunity will be long past also.

Tom
Tom - If still available, I'd like to get 2 totes.  PM follows.  Tom
If anyone is even considering making a Moxon, this is a great price for the hardware. And it's a fun project! Go for it.
Benny

(01-19-2018, 03:56 PM)bennybmn Wrote: If anyone is even considering making a Moxon, this is a great price for the hardware. And it's a fun project! Go for it.

I'll give the moxon a try. Have plans to build a bench anyway but I can still use this in the meantime. Tom, I'm sending payment to your PayPal 
Big Grin
Alex
Final Assembly Quality Inspector for the manufacture of custom vintage sport biplanes
[Image: 07-15-28-122_512.gif]
More Misc Tools