Saw these rear space saving designed sliding compound miter saws at Menards on Friday and took some pictures for folks.

$499 Delta 26-2550 12" SCMS - has a Bosch Glide like action

[Image: MVIMG_20180126_095026_zpsklylm1c7.jpg]

[Image: MVIMG_20180126_095006_zpsgaqghoks.jpg]

[Image: MVIMG_20180126_094938_zpsotyknkej.jpg]

[Image: MVIMG_20180126_094924_zpszk456wup.jpg]

$299 MasterForce 10" SCMS - has a rail action like a double stacked rail version lof the Hitachi C12LSH motion

[Image: MVIMG_20180126_095308_zpsgd16xjon.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20180126_095256_zpsxvcjn4fc.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20180126_095247_zpsdmsk2gvi.jpg]

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

I'm not familiar with the second brand, but I'm totally sure I would not buy anything at all branded Delta.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

(01-28-2018, 01:08 PM)Admiral Wrote: I'm not familiar with the second brand, but I'm totally sure I would not buy anything at all branded Delta.

Masterforce is the house brand for Menards.   I have several Masterforce power and non-power tools and find them quite good.  Don't know exactly who makes the stuff for Menards or what parts/repairs would be like, but initial quality is good.

Despite having a shop full of 15+ year old Delta Equipment, I would not buy Delta again.  That brand has been reduced to junk status in my mind.... Sadly.
“Poor quality lingers long after the sweetness of cheap price is forgotten”
I tend to agree about current Delta. But my thought is on SCMSs, I am not calling for parts after initial setup, i would use the vendor for a new saw if needed, i am not trucking that thing in for service, and the dewalt from 2008 and hitachi from 2006 i have have never needed anything. Point being if it works its prob going to stay that way and if it cant be fixed for free i would most likely get a new saw.

While i have never used a glide or this delta under power, and not measured angles for accuracy, both displays were equally smooth operating in the sliding operation. Glide was $649.00.

The Makita LS1019L is touted as being "the most compact size in the category."

https://www.amazon.com/Makita-LS1019L-Du...B073K99HWJ

(01-28-2018, 06:10 PM)Lynden Wrote: The Makita LS1019L is touted as being "the most compact size in the category."

https://www.amazon.com/Makita-LS1019L-Du...B073K99HWJ

Is that the one with the dual rail guide system? I can see why that would be compact, but with Bosch's 10" Glider being out, I can't picture it being "the most" compact. Probably the second most.
Near future projects:

-Curly Maple display case
-Jatoba and Quilted Maple dresser
The delta looks to be at least as compact as the bosch glide if not more so.

who is delta nowadays? I take it the small tools are a different company than the big tools?

(01-29-2018, 11:51 AM)EricU Wrote: who is delta nowadays? I take it the small tools are a different company than the big tools?

From Wiki.....

Current ownership[edit]

In January, 2011, Taiwan-based Chang Type Industrial Co., Ltd. purchased the Delta brand from Stanley Black & Decker.[2] Chang Type formed a wholly owned subsidiary, Delta Power Equipment Corp. to own the acquired assets including trademarks, designs and industrial tooling.[1] Chang Type is moving Delta's production tooling from a Stanley Black & Decker owned facility in Jackson, Tennessee to a facility in Anderson County, South Carolina.[3] Most recently, Delta has purchased an improved facility in Spartanburg, SC and has moved all operations to this location.

Another search revealed an article from Woodworker's Journal that stated Delta tools are not manufactured or assembled here in the US.  But then again, there aren't many that are, if any.
"This is our chance, this our lives, this is our planet we're standing on. Use your choice, use your voice, you can save our tomorrows now." - eV
It's really sad to look through their web site now, considering what they used to be.  The only jointer is a table top with universal motor.  The only BS is a 14", 'updated' looking, and not the ubiquitous 14" made for so many decades.  No RAS's.  Only lathe is a midi.  And so on.  But they do offer a dual-drum sander, which aside from the Unisaw, is probably the largest and most expensive machine there (3 hp, no less), though that's just a guess as I haven't looked for pricing.  I don't think they even offer any three-phase machines at this point; the 5 hp Unisaw is single-phase.

http://www.deltamachinery.com/
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"
A couple rear space saving Sliding compound miter saws not Hitachi, Bosch or Festool