Pine boards....mainly 1 x6s  and a 1 x8.   Good thing I will be cutting the 8' lengths down a bunch.....I can cut out the worst of the knots, that way.   Daughter wants a paint-grade version of the stepback cupboard.    I also picked through a boatload of 1 x2s....to find 6 worth the trouble to haul home....webframes, and a faceframe.   

No pictures yet.   Letting the boards sit for a few days in the house....

One of the 1x6s I picked has a birdseye  figure to it.....the 1 x 8 x 8 I picked was roughsawn on one face...no biggie, I think I can plane that smooth.   New to do a bit of cutting, and make a few glued up panels.   Working to build the base cabinet first.   Once that is done, I can buy the lumber for the Bookcase part.  

Stay tuned....this may proved to be....interesting
Uhoh
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that

Cool, another bandit-build ! !
Mark Singleton

Bene vivendo est optimum vindictae

The Laws of Physics do not care about your Politics   -  Me
I love birdseye pine!   Be sure and don't let that one get painted-over!

Enjoy
Chris
Photos of the lumber supply?
Confused 
[attachment=8373]
Plywood..rather a mixed batch..
Rolleyes  
[attachment=8374]
There are two pieces sitting there, one is 1/2" wider...
Confused  
[attachment=8375]
The 1 x 8 x 8' and a herd of 1x2s.....
Raised  
[attachment=8376]
And the "Birdseye Pine".....
Cool

Cleared the top of the bench off, to get ready for the build..
Cool  
[attachment=8377]
More on that later today, if anyone wants....stay tuned
Winkgrin
Ok..hauling 8' long planks to the shop...takes a bit of effort, even one at a time...
Uhoh 
[attachment=8434]
Because..THIS is how you get TO the Dungeon Shop.. that header down there comes down to about my shoulder....there IS a reason it is called a "Header"
Rolleyes .   Anyway, one plank at a time, I can mark out for a pair of 40" long 1 x 6s from each 8' plank...only need a few tools
Rolleyes for the crosscuts
[attachment=8435]
Set a couple benchdogs, to keep the plank from moving around too much..
Winkgrin
[attachment=8436]
One for the D-112 to push against, while I saw...another to keep the board from rotating around.   Finally got two out of three planks cut
[attachment=8437]
Then hauled the third plank down.   Once it was cut... and the bad part was set aside..I had six parts, 1 x 6 x 40" long.   Stacked them all up on the bench, and clamped them down flat.    I'll leave them sit a while....maybe they wiil stay flat..
Rolleyes 
[attachment=8438]
I found these to items hiding in the tool well, among quite a few other tools, and about 3 gallons of shavings/ saw dust...
Cool

Stay tuned...
Winkgrin
Ok, part of the bench clean up...was to clean the tool well out....20 screwdrivers....3 pushdrills, wrenches, pliers, drill bits, a few planes, lots of squares.....all had to be put away.   Chisels were sorted, non-users went into a drawer, users went back into a til..
Winkgrin
[attachment=8439]
Squares?
Confused  
[attachment=8440]
I think I have that covered
Winkgrin
Ok, a couple of the boards had "issues"   that I couldn't just chop out...
Upset
[attachment=8441]
The 40" mark landed right in the middle of that knot...I can mark this board as the center of the three boards for the side panel glue up..then, when I cut out to profile the "feet" of the case...I will just cut that knot out, as well
Cool   Another issue?
[attachment=8442]
Well, I do need a rebate along the back edge of the case, to house the plywood back.....rebate would just happen to run right through there...

Letting things sit overnight.  Maybe tomorrow, I can get out a jointer plane, and get three boards ready for a glue up?    Later, I'll need a larger square, to square the ends of the panels with..
[attachment=8443]
I think this will do the trick?  Stay tuned....we just getting started...
Winkgrin
Ok...got just enough done today, to get the place dirty...
Winkgrin 
[attachment=8450]
Got the stack torn down, sorted out a bit.   Got first blank ready to joint..
Cool 
[attachment=8451]
40" long..means I can use that Crochet to hold one end in place.    Ran a plane along the edge..
[attachment=8452]
What size did I use?
Confused  
[attachment=8453]
A Stanley No. 8.....might be a type 7...
Finally got three boards to stack up.
Winkgrin 
[attachment=8454]
Have since spread a bit of glue around, added some cauls and clamps....

Because of the Monsoons  this week, I'll leave the panel sitting at the bench.   too good a chance that a creek will go across the shop's floor.   I'll keep the panel up, high & dry. 
Stay tuned

(02-21-2018, 03:50 PM)bandit571 Wrote: Because of the Monsoons  this week, I'll leave the panel sitting at the bench.   too good a chance that a creek will go across the shop's floor.   I'll keep the panel up, high & dry. 
Stay tuned

Figure appears more like "bear claw" than birdseye, where the failed buds are seen in the center of the eye.

https://www.electricherald.com/wp-conten...Spruce.jpg

Lovely, though.
Better to follow the leader than the pack. Less to step in.
While doing the glue up, I had to stack things up, before the clamps could go on...
[attachment=8455]
Just sitting there, glue was spread, then the board was mooshed back and forth a bit, until it "stuck", then the clamps...
[attachment=8456]
And a caul on each end 
[attachment=8457]
Sorted through the next three boards....this one will go into the center of the panel..
[attachment=8458]
So that once the feet profiles are cut out, this nasty spot can also leave
Cool
Hung up the apron....done for the day....
Winkgrin  
[attachment=8459]
Of course, I could sneak back to the shop this evening.....
Rolleyes
Laugh
Winkgrin  Stay tuned
Will use a section for the drawer fronts...save the rest, and find a couple more such boards when I go back...have a raised panel door in the upper cabinet to do..

Today, despite two power outages around here ( HIGH winds...)I got panel #1 out of the clamps.   set it aside, out of my way.
Next three needed a bit of work with this..
[attachment=8483]
Stanley No. 8, have a couple edges needed jointed.    Got to the point, I could spread a bead of glue along an edge, moosh the next board until it stuck, and repeat for the third board....knotty  board to the center...
This time around, I used a couple pipe clamps to help out..
[attachment=8484]
Doubled up the cauls...
[attachment=8485]
 I clamped the center of the plank first, this time around...then worked towards the ends.   As for panel #1?
[attachment=8486]
Sitting way back there, out of the way....

Waiting on Panel #2 to cure....then clean both up.
Stay tuned
Winkgrin
Bought some "lumber" today..