As a lot of you know I used to precision grind hand planes and now I no longer do it because the grinder is no longer available. To fill out my day I always took more than I could finish and what some of you might be seeing is what I had in in advance. 

I also used to make knobs and totes but I really hated selling them at the going market price because they were to much work for what I could get. So the planes that I worked up were just setting there because of no knobs or totes, namely totes. So I decided to bite the bullet  and put them on a plane and sell the completed plane.

I also took a part time job at a hardware store and I figured with what I have set aside and if and when I sell the planes I have left and if I can sell my General 350 table saw I would have enough to buy a Saw Stop cabinet saw. I spent 50 years working on unguarded machines and especially dies and I always said my life long ambition was to go to the grave with all ten. I can say without a doubt that at 72 the heart is willing but the flesh is week. It is getting easier to, as we used to say in the trade, go on Auto Piolet and end up with a mess.

Anyway, to save having to answer a lot of question individually, no I am not grinding planes anymore. Just joking, so if you feel like you wish to donate to the cause please feel free to purchase. 

Tom

Just donated to the cause! Looking forward to some sweet planes from Sir Tom!
Alex
Final Assembly Quality Inspector for the manufacture of custom vintage sport biplanes
[Image: 07-15-28-122_512.gif]
Tom ground two of my planes years ago.  Took both to a weekend class; the instructor was blown away and asked for Tom's contact info.  Last Thursday I sharpened both irons and marveled one more time about how lucky I am.

Tom does a great job!!!!!!!
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
I wish I could help you Tom.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Not so long ago, job shops around here were going to auction weekly or monthly it seemed, and surface grinders were abundant and inexpensive.
Wish you could find one near you and keep going with your planes.
Ag
The “just joking” is confusing me.

(04-23-2018, 03:03 PM)mdhills Wrote: The “just joking” is confusing me.

You are not alone in your confusion.
Sawstop