This is a #5 Type 6 that I finished this week. I bead blasted, powder coated and precision ground the body. I polished everything else. I need to sharpen the blade. You may notice the front of the body has been modified. It had a chip in one corner of the toe when I got it so I had to make modifications.

[Image: 41738696922_4bd864704a_k.jpg] 

[Image: 40880613285_e3710fecb3_k.jpg]
BAT

A man wearing a helmet defending our nation should make more money than a man wearing a helmet playing games!

Tasty.  It could hold its head up next to a new-from-the-box original.
That looks really good. Too bad about the chip out of the toe, but that won't affect how it smooths wood. Looks like you could get another 100 years out of that plane.
Steve S.
------------------------------------------------------
Tradition cannot be inherited, and if you want it you must obtain it by great labour.
- T. S. Eliot

Tutorials and Build-Alongs at The Literary Workshop
Did you have to make a new knob? Everything before type 12 had the low knob is the only reason I ask.

(04-29-2018, 08:20 PM)UpstateNYdude Wrote: Did you have to make a new knob? Everything before type 12 had the low knob is the only reason I ask.

That was one I had lying around. I am going to have to make some because I have several that are finished and need knobs and totes. When I do I will probably change it out. I really like powder coating since it is quick and easy. I is also pretty much bullet proof.
BAT

A man wearing a helmet defending our nation should make more money than a man wearing a helmet playing games!

How did you grind the sole?  I understand that can be tricky and the blade has to be tensioned.

(05-03-2018, 09:51 AM)rwe2156 Wrote: How did you grind the sole?  I understand that can be tricky and the blade has to be tensioned.

I clamp it in two precision vises and set it up with a dial indicator.
BAT

#5 type 6 done