I picked up this 9" swing brace on Sunday. The only markings are E.K. Anybody know anything about it.

[Image: 20180514_185351-L.jpg]
[Image: 20180514_185411-L.jpg]
[Image: 20180514_185427-L.jpg]

(05-15-2018, 05:56 PM)SteveF Wrote: I picked up this 9" swing brace on Sunday. The only markings are E.K. Anybody know anything about it.

[Image: 20180514_185351-L.jpg]
[Image: 20180514_185411-L.jpg]
[Image: 20180514_185427-L.jpg]

I sometimes see that type of brace here in Germany.  I don't know if it's a German style or maybe French.  It will hold the tapered square bits that we know, but there are also bits with flat tapered tangs that I assume are an older style.  I guess these braces were transitional and would hold both types of bits.  I'll try to take and load a picture if I can figure out how to do it.  I don't know anything about E.K.  
Michael

I can't help on ID but will second opinion that is likely European re: chuck taking standard square and flat style shank.  I bought one with a similar chuck here in the states from a fellow who claimed he got it in a flea market in France.
(05-16-2018, 12:43 AM)Baumholder Wrote: I sometimes see that type of brace here in Germany.  I don't know if it's a German style or maybe French.  It will hold the tapered square bits that we know, but there are also bits with flat tapered tangs that I assume are an older style.  I guess these braces were transitional and would hold both types of bits.  I'll try to take and load a picture if I can figure out how to do it.  I don't know anything about E.K.  
Michael

Thanks guys. I guess that's the reason I've never seen one of these.
I have one similar just the space for the bit is slotted and the screw pulls the slot together to hold the bit
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

Interesting bit brace