I’m looking a DC of some type for the garage. It can be movable and probably in the $4-500 range or less. I may have a surface planer and my Jet Drum sander at some point. Thanks

Various manufactures make dust collectors which work well in smaller shops. You'll definitely need a dust collector for a planer and drum sander. Many dust collectors are mounted on casters making it easy to move from machine to machine without running permanent vacuum lines. Most of the smaller collectors are 120 volt so you won't need any special wiring. (Larger 2, 3 and 5 hp require 240 volt power lines.) You have numerous options from manufacturers such as Jet, Laguna, Powermatic and others. If you prefer used, craigslist can be your best friend. Do your research to determine what DC would best fit your needs based on your planer and sander requirements. Have fun!
Look to grizzly. You can probably get a pretty good unit shipped to you for that amount of money.
there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

If you have a Harbor Freight near you, their dust collectors are not a bad option.
chris
Yes you’re right on the HF Dust Collector. I’m trying to remember how everyone used to modify those. If anyone has a link I’d appreciate that.
I have a Rockler Dust-Rite (whatever) which I hung on the wall. It easily handles the output from my DW735 plane and that of the 6" jointer. I put a 30 gallon chip separator in front of the DC. Works a treat
Thanks,  Curt
-----------------
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
      -- Soren Kierkegaard
Here's what I did as I was setting up shop, it may be a solution for you. I went with Shop Fox as there's a dealer 30 minutes from here. Any brand will work.

https://www.forums.woodnet.net/showthrea...id=7336848

g
I've only had one...in dog beers.

"You can see the stars and still not see the light"
The Eagles: Already Gone
(05-24-2018, 04:55 PM)macpianoman Wrote: I’m looking a DC of some type for the garage. It can be movable and probably in the $4-500 range or less. I may have a surface planer and my Jet Drum sander at some point. Thanks

Check out the Incra CleanSweep - GREAT reviews, super cost effective, and its made in the USA!
The Carbide Processors Team - Tacoma, WA
www.CarbideProcessors.com
I had a crummy Delta that worked 137 percent better once I built a trash can chip separator to put in front of it.  I didn't even use a Thien baffle, just 90 degree bend in, 90 degree bend out.  It probably would have been worth getting one of the trash can lid baffles, but I was being cheap
Thanks for the great replies!
Dust Collector for garage