for a change.   A simple, little, Bedside Table...also out of Pine....Not sure IF anyone here would like to follow along...
Rolleyes

Ripped a 2 x 10 piece of scrap Pine...leftover from the Bedframe build...into four leg blanks...
Cool  

Ganged them up, and jointed away the saw marks..
Cool 

BTW, those blanks are 25" long. 
Winkgrin  

There was a 1 x 10 x 4' plank in the shop, to make a top for the table....cut it into two pieces, jointed the edges to make a glue joint..

Bead of glue on one edge, moosh the other edge back and forth in the glue, until it "sticks"...then apply the clamps and a caul...then laid out two 1 x 4 x 4's

And see where to cut these down at...to make a set of aprons....had a few bad knots to cut out...
No

That's a start...coming up?
Confused   Taper the legs?   bead and tenon the aprons?  Maybe flatten the top, and joint the edges?
Confused

Stay tuned...and NO, it will NOT get painted...
Upset
Upset
Upset
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that

Legs have been tapered on the two "inside faces"
Cool  
[attachment=10710]
Normally, I do the taper with a couple hand planes..too hot in the shop, so the bandsaw rough cut the taper, then a plane or two would clean things up
[attachment=10711]
Jack plane to get the high spots, then a few swipes with a #4c..
Winkgrin 
Cut out the big knots, and came away with four blanks for the aprons.   2 long, 2 shorts.
[attachment=10713]
Top was out of the clamps, might as well flatten the faces, and joint all the edges straight and square..
[attachment=10714]
Still have to mill the aprons, do a bit of Mortise & Tenon work to connect the legs to the aprons...corners of the top need rounded off....

Just a simple.little table..right?
Confused 

And, IF you have some other wood to build this with, be my guest..
Cool ...using pine because that is what I have on hand...
Rolleyes

Stay tuned
Winkgrin
Apron blanks needed ripped down to 3" wide...then jointed so they matched..
[attachment=10717]
Since there was a few knots along a couple sides.....Laid out for some tenons...After I had run the bead cutter down a face side, and an edge 
[attachment=10718]
Mitre box was set for the shoulder cuts, then the bandsaw did the cheek cuts..
[attachment=10719]
Which left the mortises  to be laid out and chopped...that will be the next episode
Cool

Stay tuned..
Winkgrin
Mortises were laid out, to fit each tenon...some were thinner than others..meh
Rolleyes 
[attachment=10720]
Top had been milled to shape, then set aside, out of the way..
[attachment=10721]
Outside corner on each leg got a double bead...
[attachment=10722]
Toys were laid out...a few other chisels would later show up, depending on how wide or narrow the mortise was to be..
Cool  
[attachment=10723]
Rinse, and repeat 7 more times...then a dry fit, to set up the clamps needed..
Uhoh  
[attachment=10724]
Then Supper time.  Next episode?   How about a glue-up?
Confused 

Stay tuned...
Trying to get this all caught up.....after Supper, had to haul the glue bottle down to the shop.   And the camera...and a claw hammer that needed tightened up....
Tried to glue this thing right where it sat......didn't go too well.
No ...finally got it onto the flattest  spot in the shop's floor..
Rolleyes   
[attachment=10725]
A diagonal clamp to pull the top into square....moved this mess back onto the bench ( so people  could walk by, and not hit anything)
Rolleyes   
[attachment=10726]
More clamps...
Angry  one leg was splayed out, the other splayed in...front two legs were wider than the back two...will let this sit overnight..while I pick dried glue off of me fingers.
Rolleyes 

maybe tomorrow, I can make the corner blocks to attach the top with?   Maybe do a molded edge on the top?   Then a NON-PAINT based finish can be applied
Confused  We'll see..

Stay tuned...just a simple, little table...for MY side of the bed.

such prolific output from you lately! How many hours a day are you spending in the shop?

(06-01-2018, 03:49 PM)mound Wrote: such prolific output from you lately! How many hours a day are you spending in the shop?

Average is just about 3 - 5 hours, depending on how the back behaves....keeps me out of the Taverns..
Rolleyes
Not much got done today...
Rolleyes  got the base out of the clamps, made some corner blocks..
[attachment=10741]
On the Mitersaw.   Installed the blocks into the base..
[attachment=10742]
With glue and screws...cut a slot to attach the top to the base..
[attachment=10743]
After centering the base on the underside of the top...flipped top over, and ran a cove bit around the top edge...
Cool 
[attachment=10744]
Stirred a can of Golden Oak stain, and applied a first coat..
Winkgrin  
[attachment=10745]
Then set it aside to dry for awhile.   may need a second coat.  
Rolleyes 

Just a simple, little table.  Once the top is dry, I can flip the table on to it's top, and finish the rest of the table.   Then maybe a coat or two of gloss poly?
Confused 

Stay tuned..almost done..
Winkgrin
Put the table up on the bench, today.   Cleaned things up, and added a coat of stain...
[attachment=10768]
Everything got a coat, including the corner blocks..
[attachment=10769]
Then the trash can was hauled upstairs
Winkgrin 
[attachment=10770]
And out to the firepit...may roast some hotdogs, later
Winkgrin 

letting the stain dry, before a coat or two of Gloss Poly gets brushed on....maybe tomorrow?
Confused 

Just a simple little table...
Rolleyes
I sure wish you were coming to my house in a few weeks and I am going to miss you buddy.  So much you could have taught me.

I really do not know how you can do so much so fast.  You should hire out to do work for people since you do so much.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Start of something small