Quote: Colleagues: I run a SawStop with the smaller sliding table. Works well.

Now here's my question: is there an aftermarket or shop fabricated clam/hold downp that will fit/work on the sliding table fence?

I don’t know the t-slot size for your sliding table, but one option could be Kreg bench clamps. They can be modified to work with lots of similar applications.
WRB: thanks for that idea. 'Gonna have ta' take a look at the Kreg clamps.

Thought more 'bout this today and am also going to take a look at the Bessey auto-adjust toggle clamps -- https://www.woodcraft.com/products/b...gle-clamp-high --
and the River toggles, such as -- https://www.woodcraft.com/products/w...00-lb-capacity

Might need to change out the threaded stem for a longer one.

Just need to figure out how to mount them so they can moveable along the fence

Thanks again!
Ray, I would be cautious with clamps such as the autoadjust types. These create much force from inside the track - I tried out a couple on aluminium track inserts, and it bent them. What I use on my Hammer K3 is a version (there are a number of brands available) of the Incra Track Clamp, which screw down, so you can adjust the down force.

Regards from Perth

Derek
Articles on furniture building, shop made tools and tool reviews at www.inthewoodshop.com
On another site, a responder mentioned-Track toggle clamp plates from Lee Valley. See -- http://www.leevalley.com/us/Wood/page.as...43845&ap=1
Looks like it might work.

Derek: saw your response and checked the Bessey web site. Bessey claims the clamping force for the auto-adjust clamps is adjustable from approximately 25 to 550 pounds. I also looked at the sliding table fence. It is fabricated from 5mm thick MM ("Mystery Metal"). With a low clamping force, it just might not distort??

I prefer the quick action type clamps. Recently ran a project that needed 10 dadoes and 4 rabbets. To hold the parts down, I utilized a block of wood held to the fence by a small F-clamp. Became tiring/time consuming adjusting the clamp/wood block every time I moved the parts for another cut.

(07-14-2018, 01:03 PM)Ray Newman Wrote: On another site, a responder mentioned-Track toggle clamp plates from Lee Valley. See -- http://www.leevalley.com/us/Wood/page.as...43845&ap=1
Looks like it might work.

Derek: saw your response and checked the Bessey web site. Bessey claims the clamping force for the auto-adjust clamps is adjustable from approximately 25 to 550 pounds. I also looked at the sliding table fence. It is fabricated from 5mm thick MM ("Mystery Metal"). With a low clamping force, it just might not distort??

I prefer the quick action type clamps. Recently ran a project that needed 10 dadoes and 4 rabbets. To hold the parts down, I utilized a block of wood held to the fence by a small F-clamp. Became tiring/time consuming adjusting the clamp/wood block every time I moved the parts for another cut.

I went through this a few years ago, because i machined an incra miter fence to fit the thing (I got tired of the wimpy sliding stops, etc). I later added auto adjust clamps.

1. The t-slots are not a standard size, you either need to buy saw stop's reverse screws (TSA-SA48-248) (and rethread the clamps), or mill t-nuts yourself.  
You can also just buy steel bar stock and cut it.

2. If you use auto adjust clamps, you definitely need a plate or something.  First, as Derek says, it will bend milled t-nuts if you make them out of non-hardened 6061.  Second, you will gash the sliding table for sure while tightening them down.  Ask me how i know these things  
Tongue.

The sliding table is made of 6061-T6 aluminum (The T6 means it's hardened, it's also anodized).  I don't see to have been able to damage the actual tracks, despite bending non-hardened aluminum t-nuts in it.
SawStop Sliding table & clamps/hold down