Cool video but at the 45 second mark she pushes a plane and I thought it was pulled. 

Is that the norm?

https://youtu.be/9rA074yXyfw
"Life is too short for bad tools.".-- Pedder 7/22/11

A Chinese Ana White......
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
(10-02-2018, 09:15 AM)Scott W Wrote: Cool video but at the 45 second mark she pushes a plane and I thought it was pulled. 

Is that the norm?

https://youtu.be/9rA074yXyfw
That isn't a Japanese plane, so it should be pushed as a Chinese plane.

Simon
Also looks as if it was out of necessity due to how she was sitting on the board to keep it in place.
I am quickly realizing that I have NO natural talent... But I am trying to fake it.
She's good and darn good looking.

Tongue 
(10-02-2018, 03:50 PM)med-one Wrote: She's good and darn good looking.

That's why she has 900k views. Same thing happens with attractive women woodworkers on Instagram. 200 photos and they have 37k followers.

I have 800 followers with 600 photos because I'm an ugly guy.

(10-02-2018, 06:44 PM)mvflaim Wrote: That's why she has 900k views. Same thing happens with attractive women woodworkers on Instagram. 200 photos and they have 37k followers.

I have 800 followers with 600 photos because I'm an ugly guy.

Did you pose with a bikini on?

True story on Instagram where a woman woodworker (US) gets a huge spike in visits every time when she is in her bikini! She knows a thing or two how to "capture" her followers. Paul Sellers on the other hand has to run a gift to give way thing now and then...

Simon
Always a delight to see women competent in tradeswork.  She sure doesn't treat the wood delicately - maybe she's just aiming to distress the wood as she goes, since she's not exactly building a refined piece.

(10-02-2018, 04:18 PM)Bill_Houghton Wrote: Always a delight to see women competent in tradeswork.  She sure doesn't treat the wood delicately - maybe she's just aiming to distress the wood as she goes, since she's not exactly building a refined piece.

I have not really watched her vid other than the plane segment, so my guess is that she is a content producer rather than a furniture maker. There is always a novelty factor when a woodworker is a female, especially a young one. Some consider some of them (active on social media) in the class of socialites, unless they do furniture or produce video content for a living.

Some female furniture designers and makers are really talented and they spend only the time necessary to showcase their work.

Simon
Sure did give her tools any respect - just dropping them on concrete like that.
Thanks,  Curt
-----------------
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
      -- Soren Kierkegaard
I thought this style of plane was pulled not pushed